Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » SQL Syntax for MailingList?
  •  
sorenmalling

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I've done a export of 190 maillinglists from a ezmlm system, and now I'm trying to import them to Kerio through the kconfig tool.

I've taken the sql syntax from the Logs -> Config and used that in my file set with the --input parameter

This is my syntax for the MailingList

insert MailingList set Name="aabyhoej", Domain="legeplads.com", SubjectPrefix="[aabyhoej]", ModeLogin="1", ModeMemberPost="0", ModeNonmemPost="0", ModeModeratorPost="0", ModeratorPostRequestNotify="1", ModeratorSubscribeRequestNotify="1", SubscribeNotify="0", SenderHide="0", ErrorsToModerator="0", ReplyToType="1", EmptySubject="0", Language="en", Archive="0"

All I get is "Error on line 2: access denied."

Has anybody have had any luck with using SQL querys for MailingList with kconfig?

Regards,

Søren

[Updated on: Fri, 20 February 2009 16:57]

•  
jshaw541

sorenmalling wrote on Fri, 20 February 2009 07:54

Hi,

I've done a export of 190 maillinglists from a ezmlm system, and now I'm trying to import them to Kerio through the kconfig tool.

I've taken the sql syntax from the Logs -> Config and used that in my file set with the --input parameter

This is my syntax for the MailingList

insert MailingList set Name="aabyhoej", Domain="legeplads.com", SubjectPrefix="[aabyhoej]", ModeLogin="1", ModeMemberPost="0", ModeNonmemPost="0", ModeModeratorPost="0", ModeratorPostRequestNotify="1", ModeratorSubscribeRequestNotify="1", SubscribeNotify="0", SenderHide="0", ErrorsToModerator="0", ReplyToType="1", EmptySubject="0", Language="en", Archive="0"

All I get is "Error on line 2: access denied."

Has anybody have had any luck with using SQL querys for MailingList with kconfig?

Regards,

Søren

Kerio MailServer stores its email lists and associated memberships in text files. Not sure what you're doing with all of that.

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
sorenmalling

From what i could se in my storage for the maillists, it consists of 3 files

* key --> containing, what looks like a md5/hash values of something?
* moderators --> defining the moderator of the mailing list
* subscriber --> I can't remember the correct name, but the file holds the subscribers

I've tried to copy a already created maillist directory, but with no look, when look in my Kerio Administrator Console, are you able to explain how i can use the text files to import my maillists?
  •  
jshaw541

sorenmalling wrote on Fri, 20 February 2009 13:16

From what i could se in my storage for the maillists, it consists of 3 files

* key --> containing, what looks like a md5/hash values of something?
* moderators --> defining the moderator of the mailing list
* subscriber --> I can't remember the correct name, but the file holds the subscribers

I've tried to copy a already created maillist directory, but with no look, when look in my Kerio Administrator Console, are you able to explain how i can use the text files to import my maillists?

Ah you must be running some new version of Kerio MailServer that I havent seen yet. I'm still on 6.6.2 with plain ASCII for the mail lists and doesn't involve any SQL. Sorry, can't help you there.

Windows Server 2003 SP 1
~1300 users
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
  •  
TorW

jshaw541 wrote on Fri, 20 February 2009 22:20

Ah you must be running some new version of Kerio MailServer that I havent seen yet. I'm still on 6.6.2 with plain ASCII for the mail lists and doesn't involve any SQL. Sorry, can't help you there.

kconfig is a command line utility for Kerio which lets you change some parts of the configuration while the server is running. It's available from Kerio if you ask for it. The utility's syntax looks like SQL.

Søren: is this on Linux? Is the command you showed us actually line #2 in the script?
  •  
jshaw541

TorW wrote on Fri, 20 February 2009 13:39

kconfig is a command line utility for Kerio which lets you change some parts of the configuration while the server is running. It's available from Kerio if you ask for it. The utility's syntax looks like SQL.

I did not know this, thanks for the info!

Windows Server 2003 SP 1
~1300 users
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
  •  
sorenmalling

[quote title=TorW wrote on Fri, 20 February 2009 22:39
Søren: is this on Linux? Is the command you showed us actually line #2 in the script?[/quote]

Yes, this in on Fedora 10. The mentioned SQL line

was taken from the Log -> Config and then created with my own parameters and it was the second line in my import file that was set with

./kconfig --host localhost --password PASSWORD --input import-maillist.txt
  •  
TorW

Everything in the Kerio folder structure is owned by root, so are you running the script as root?
What user is kconfig expected to run as? The KMS admin?
You have supplied the command with a password, but no
username, so I was just wondering ...

[Updated on: Sat, 21 February 2009 13:53]

•  
sorenmalling

TorW wrote on Sat, 21 February 2009 13:52

Everything in the Kerio folder structure is owned by root, so are you running the script as root?

Tes, kconfig is running as root. If you haven't got the kconfig script, then you wern't aware of "Admin" being set as default user, when logging executing kconfig, so it isn't needed to set the --user parameter Smile
  •  
TorW

Random thought: in ezmlm, you don't need the square brackets ("[]") for subject prefix,
since ezmlm inserts them automatically (at least qmailadmin does).

Maybe KMS is similar, but freaks out when it sees the square
brackets in SubjectPrefix="[aabyhoej]"? Just a thought ...
Previous Topic: My coworkers can't login from out side the office.
Next Topic: No public adress books or calendars on the iPhone
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Sep 19 22:41:29 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00558 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.