Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Don't receive mails - fixed ip / no domainname
  •  
bcs112

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

Here's what I am trying to do:

- I have a website + domain hosted by Godaddy
- I have a fixed IP connection at our office -> no domainname
- I want website to stay with GoDaddy but my e-mails to be sent to the office IP

Here's what I have done:

- on my hosting control page I have updated the MX record so that the domainname goes to our fixed ip address -> checked it and the DNS record is updated to our ip address
- installed Kerio on the local server
- created the domain in Kerio with the same domain name as my website at GoDaddy
- forward all requests on port 25 to the pc running Kerio (NAT) and killed the windows firewall
- in Kerio set-up a relay to a different SMPT server for sending e-mails

With this set-up I can send e-mail but I can't receive anything.

What to do ?

Björn
  •  
TorW

Technically, you can't have an IP address (or a CNAME) in an MX record. It must contain an A-record, but it usually works anyway.

Have you tried telnetting to port 25 on the office's fixed IP and done a manual mail session? If you supply us with a domain name, we could easily see if something' wrong as seen from the rest of the internet.
  •  
bcs112

Hi,

The domain name is www.simchecksoftware.com, the IP of the mailserver is 87.66.9.15.

I can't telnet on port 25 but my provider here at home blocks all ports below 1024.

Björn
  •  
TorW

Hello. I tried telnetting to port 25 on 87.66.9.15, and that works fine. KMS answers OK and presents itself. I also tried sending a mail to postmaster, but the account does not exist. Do you have an account I could send a test mail to?

You'll probably find my attempts in your mail.log. My IP is 80.203.228.237.
  •  
bcs112

That's the problem I don't get any messages or warnings or anything, not when I sent to the existing addresses or nothing.

My guess is that I made a major error in setting up the server but I can't see what that error would be.

Try:

bjorn<_a.t_>simchecksoftware.com

I tried it several times but didn't get anything...

Björn
  •  
bcs112

Ah yes there are three attemps to connect from your ip address...

Edit: found an error message: "Recipient can receive messages from his/her own domain only"

Björn

[Updated on: Sat, 21 February 2009 18:03]

•  
bcs112

OK, I found it, I had created a group that had the restriction that it could only receive messages from the same domain !

Thank for the help, works now !!!

Björn

Previous Topic: Random blank messages in 6.6.2
Next Topic: Problem with BlackLists
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 00:32:38 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00449 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.