Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » POP3 download, sorting and BCC
  •  
madfred45

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I've got the following problem with Kerio Mailserver. I hope anybody could help me out...

Situation:
- One mail domain hosted by my provider
- One KMS in my internal network
- One POP3 postbox in which all mails are collected
- In KMS I’ve configured a pop3 account for the download with sorting via header Delivered-To and with „drop duplicate messages“

The „drop duplicate“ seams to be important since otherwise the users are getting the mails 2 or 3 times depending on how many recipients are located in the header.

So for “normal” mails with TO: and CC: everything is working fine.

But if I receive a BCC Mail (e.g. newsletter) this isn’t working at all since there are no “real” recipients in the TO or CC field.

So my question is: How must I setup KMS in a correct way to deliver the BCC Mails to my users?

Do you understand my problem?

Thank you very much for your help!

Best greetings,

Markus
  •  
Wago

Same problem here.

Multiple POP3 maildomains provider and several local IMAP access accounts. Have set an filter * to admin account to catch those messages.

Greetings,
Wago

[Updated on: Wed, 18 March 2009 18:16]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

madfred45 wrote on Sat, 21 February 2009 15:46

- In KMS I’ve configured a pop3 account for the download with sorting via header Delivered-To and with „drop duplicate messages“

The „drop duplicate“ seams to be important since otherwise the users are getting the mails 2 or 3 times depending on how many recipients are located in the header.

So for “normal” mails with TO: and CC: everything is working fine.

But if I receive a BCC Mail (e.g. newsletter) this isn’t working at all since there are no “real” recipients in the TO or CC field.

Are you sure your mail provider (POP3 server) is adding Delivered-To header correctly to all emails? Because KMS does automatic fallback to sorting by To: and Cc: header if selected header is not found.
Bcc emails can be sorted only by special header added by receiving POP3 server or Received: header.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Wago wrote on Wed, 18 March 2009 18:14

Same problem here.

Multiple POP3 maildomains provider and several local IMAP access accounts. Have set an filter * to admin account to catch those messages.

Greetings,
Wago

Enable POP3 client debugging in KMS and contact our technical support with gathered log and example of downloaded email (email headers are sufficient).
  •  
Dion

Did you resolve this problem in the end? I'm having the same issue at all of my clients that use Kerio mail server with POP3 download.
Previous Topic: mass change of email passwords
Next Topic: Deleted meetings not updating
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 23:42:26 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00427 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.