Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Limit CC addresses in an outgoing email
  •  
rex.withers

Send a private message to this user
Is there a way to limit the number of TO or CC addresses in an outgoing email (forcing users to use BCC if they send mass mail)

I’m sure this is already answered here but I couldn’t find it in a search.
  •  
sgongola

I haven't seen such an option anywhere. The "SMTP Server" entry in the kerio administrator lets you restrict the maximum number of recipients in a message, but that is not what you are asking.

TO: CC: BCC: duplicates what you would have seen had you dictated and sent letters the old fashion way before email. Of course no one sees the BCC: information. The headers don't really do much accept let the sender tell receivers who else can see the message. In addition, they don't have to reflect what is actually going on as the actually receivers of the email are only specified in the "RCPT TO" entries of the smtp protocol.

Reasons for using Bcc instead of To and Cc is to keep the email message looking neat or to prevent others from harvesting addresses from your mass mailing. For example, you wouldn't want to send a sales related email to many people and let them all know who else is in your mailing list.

What you want to do is best accomplished by explaining to your users the issues involved.

•  
rex.withers

Thanks, unfortunately that doesn't prevent user error.

In the end the best fit for my specific situation was a distribution list this works fine for my current need but it would be a nice feature to have a limit for casual sending.

My old pop email server did.
  •  
TorW

Have you considered setting up a mailing list for mass mailings? When the users are past the initial threshold, they'll tend to like mailing lists better than the un-maintainable distribution lists and the bounce-bombs after each mass mailing.
Previous Topic: distribution list question
Next Topic: Invitations and shared calendars
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 09:39:40 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00397 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.