Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Deleting Email from User Inboxes? (Wondering if this is possible?)
  •  
RobH

Send a private message to this user
Hello and thanks in advance for any replies.

I'm a tech for a local school district and the school is running Kerio MailServer 6.5.2 build 6426 on a Red Hat server.

My question is there any way to delete emails from multiple users Inboxes at once from the admin side of Kerio? Reason for this is we have a not-so tech savvy building principle send out a confidential email to the entire school mailing list. Shocked

I fully realize that by now this email has no doubt been read several times already and it is to late to be dealt with, but I am asking for future reference.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
  •  
LinuxLover

Send a private message to this user
Well, you're running RH so you should be able to use something like this next time :

find . -type f -exec grep -q "a particular string" {} \; -exec
rm -f {} +

This will search for a particular string in the files and delete them.

Make sure to stop KMS first before you run the above command , you will also need to re index the folders and that will take time.

Alternative solution --> You can write a script that will find the folder where the message exists then print the folder name and re index the folder. Actually, that will be fun one to write Smile

Thanks
Previous Topic: Mass Mail Campaigns
Next Topic: iPhone - session timeout
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Sep 21 07:08:40 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00398 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.