Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Migrate Mac OS X Server 10.4 mail to Kerio Mail Server
  •  
higginsta

Send a private message to this user
Hi All,

I need opinions on the best way to handle this migration. I have a customer that has been using mail from Mac OS X Server 10.4 and Now Up To Date and Now Contact for shared address book and calendaring.
They want to combine these functions and make the move to Kerio Mail server, but they do not want to do it all at once. They would like to start populating the Kerio Calendar and training people on the webmail interface before they make the cutover this summer.

Does the following order of operation make sense?

1 - Install Kerio Mail server on the current NUDC (no port conflicts) server now

2 - Populate calendar and train users on interface using http:// nudc.school.edu

--At Cutover Time--

3 - Migrate IMAP information over to Kerio Mail server (how would I do this? Currently the user authenticate with OD credentials, but the kerio server will authenticate with AD credentials - same usernames fortunately )

4 - Finally, move the entire Kerio installation to newly installed Leopard server (called mail.school.edu so we would not have to change anything with spam service, firewall, etc) and users would use the http://mail.school.edu URL to access their mail and calendar.

Thanks

Todd
  •  
LinuxLover

Hi,

This order seems to be fine. The point is, how are you planning to migrate all the Calendars from your old server to the new KMS ? Do you have something specific in mind ? How many users are you talking about? If you give us more details, we probably will be able to help out.

Regarding the migration of the messages from the old server to the new KMS server ---> You can use one of the open source migration tools or you can probably ask for an IMAP migration tool if Kerio has one. I heard they will release an IMAP migration tool.

Here's the well known open source tool:

http://migrationtool.sourceforge.net

Thanks
  •  
silver02suby

Moving the messages is actually quite easy... i just did it last week. I changed the IMAP listening port on Kerio MailServer to 144 long enough to migrate, then was able to use the MoveIMAPMail utility that comes with a competitor's software to migrate over. I made a ZIP of the migration utilities for my own use, but you can download communigate pro, and open the installer package to look for them yourself. No need to install the software.

As for the calendars, that might be more tricky. I haven't used NUD/C since the Mac OS 9 days, so I don't know if it has any sort of export as .ics option or not.. if it does, do that, then setup iCal for each user into Kerio, then import the .ics and iCal does the rest.

That's the best I can offer.
Previous Topic: Delete old emails from KMS in any folder (not only spam and trash) - solution
Next Topic: iPhone Activesync email stops after 3-4 days
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 09:24:24 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00387 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.