Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » change original domain name?
  •  
bwcole

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I'm setting up the VMware trial of Kerio, on ESXi. I fat fingered the primary domain when I configured the system, and the domain is now cole-family.xom when it should be cole-family.com

Question is this: Can I delete this domain and add a new one? My fear is that I only have one user, the "administrator" user that I was asked to configure during the wizard. This is associated with the cole-family.xom domain, and I'm fearful that I'll lock myself out if I delete the cole-family.xom domain.

Thanks in advance!
Bryan
  •  
LinuxLover

Try the following:

1. Add 2nd domain in Kerio. ( Domains > ADD > Type in any domain name > OK > APPLY.

2. Add an admin account in the second domain.( make sure you give it Read/Write Access to Admin console ). [ Users > ADD > Internal DB > Admin > Go to Rights > Give read/write access to admin console > OK > APPLY.

NOW: Close the admin console and log back in using the Admin<_a.t_>2nd-domain.com ....

3. Set the 2nd domain to be the primary domain.

4. Delete the users from the original domain (The secondary one now).

5. Delete the original domain ( The secondary / typo one).

6. Create a 2nd domain ( with the correct name).

7. Add admin user to the 2nd domain. ( Read/Write Access to admin console).

8. Set the 2nd domain to primary.

That should do it.

Second way to do it is by modifying the mailserver.cfg file and users.cfg file but since you're new to Kerio, I would go with the first solution.

Hope that helps.

•  
tek_san

As it is a virtual environment, make a snapshot and try whatever makes sense to you and revert to the former version if the result doesn't fit your needs.
regards

Oliver

KC 7.3.1, Win2003 in vsphere 4.1, store drive attached via iSCSI, OS drive attached via NFS.
220+ IMAP Accounts: 210 OSX Mail /Entourage Clients, 10 Outlook 2003 KOC Clients - iPhones, Nokia E66, HTC 4350
Archive:EMA Appliance, SpamFilter: Nospamproxy
  •  
LinuxLover

Yeah, you can do that too. However, you need to stop the running KMS service as a snapshot might cause files corruption since they are being used by KMS. ( Snapshot will try to copy files that are already in use by KMS).

Thank you

Previous Topic: iPhone - session timeout
Next Topic: Problems with Safari and composing HTML emails
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 12:45:42 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00407 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.