Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Here's Hoping (version 6.7)
  •  
BudDurland

Send a private message to this user
Hopefully...

Custom spam filter rules are now case INsensitive.

There's some mechanism to tell kerio that if the sender IP address is whitelisted, override the spam assassin score

grey listing? pretty please?

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
abirkner

For the first point a have to agree... Smile

But I'm not sure if there should be more Anti-Spam features.
We always have to consider that more features means we(admins) have more to do...

If you need an easy solution for greylisting or other features what about an v-server (as a proxy) with YOUR OWN spam protection software. For just 10-20 a month.
Rolling Eyes
  •  
BudDurland

abirkner wrote on Mon, 02 March 2009 03:56

But I'm not sure if there should be more Anti-Spam features.
We always have to consider that more features means we(admins) have more to do...

Except with this (my original point #2), admins would have less to do. The way it is now, if I white list an IP address, I also have to add a custom spam rule for the domain, because Spam Assasin still examines the message and assigns a score. I just wen through this with FedEx. I white listed all their sending IP's, and still had to add a -3 rule for the fedex.com domain. I didn't add a "treat as non-spam" rule, because fedex.com addresses are often spoofed.

Quote:

If you need an easy solution for greylisting or other features what about an v-server (as a proxy) with YOUR OWN spam protection software. For just 10-20 a month.
Rolling Eyes

Actually, we have Vamsoft's ORF, for about $100US/yr, but I'd like Kerio to also have this feature -- fewer servers to maintain.

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
bronco

What I would like to see is support for BlackBerry i.e. BB Storm via Activesync or a connectivity to BES professional. Also that it will do HTML syncs.

Yes I know there are products that can do this but they all can't do HTML nor are stable with KMS. The products are in a childlike state and need to grow up a bit before it can be productive for the professional user.
  •  
rigo

bronco wrote on Mon, 02 March 2009 12:51

What I would like to see is support for BlackBerry i.e. BB Storm via Activesync or

yea, it should have BB support, please...!
  •  
abirkner

If we want more feature we have more to do...
In some cases it is better to have it on one machine Smile

On the other hand the focus on the main product features will be not that accurate. For that reason it is sometimes better to have less features...
  •  
altivec

There a place for suggestion.

But i'll still go on:

Abillity to share public folder between multiple servers (multiple offices). I think this is a must since a lot of Kerio users have either multiple office or multiple servers.

Blackberry support (i highly doubt this will ever be a buildin feature since the issue are the BB themself)

Support of second shortname from OD or AD
Exemple:
Name of a user: Roger Wilco
E-Mail: r.wilco<_a.t_>company.com (so user name is r.wilco)
Even if the OD or AD have the second shortname list Kerio won't support it.

Better support of OD and specially Replica

[Updated on: Tue, 03 March 2009 07:42]

KMS1 6.7.2: Xserve 10.5.8 - 150 users
KMS2 6.7.2: Xserve 10.5.8 - 50 users
KMS3 6.7.2: Xserve 10.5.8 - 10 users/MX BackUp
KMS4 Beta: Xserve 10.5.8 - MX BackUp2
iPhone/WindowsMobile/Blackberry/Nokia

KWF Beta: HP DL380 on ESXi 4.0 - 60 users
  •  
sgongola

Quote:

grey listing? pretty please?

I use nolisting via mx records.
It would be nice to have grey listing but we already spam repellent (a form of tarpitting) and am not sure how they would work together.
  •  
cthomas

The docs mention that 6.7 includes RoadSync 4.0. Can someone tell me what this is and why I might want it? I tried Google and it looks like this is just Active Sync technology for a few Nokia phones, is that it? Can this be used with BB's at all?

- C. Thomas

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

cthomas wrote on Tue, 03 March 2009 17:48

The docs mention that 6.7 includes RoadSync 4.0. Can someone tell me what this is and why I might want it? I tried Google and it looks like this is just Active Sync technology for a few Nokia phones, is that it? Can this be used with BB's at all?
- C. Thomas

The Release Notes mention that 6.7 has support for Roadsync 4.0. It does not include it. Anyway, you can find more info about this client here: http://www.dataviz.com/products/roadsync/series60/features.h tml
  •  
germanr

But I am using roadsync 4 with the current KMS and it works OK. The main advantage over Nokia's Mail for exchange is that it displays html mail.

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
cthomas

OK, I see, Road Sync is a separate App that you install on your phone to syncing capability with Kerio. Cool, but not so useful for me. Thanks for the info.

- C. Thomas
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

germanr wrote on Tue, 03 March 2009 18:06

But I am using roadsync 4 with the current KMS and it works OK. The main advantage over Nokia's Mail for exchange is that it displays html mail.

Yes, it could work but with KMS 6.7.0 it will be officially supported client.
  •  
TorW

abirkner wrote on Mon, 02 March 2009 09:56

I tend to disagree. More features doesn't neccessarily mean more to do. It could just as well mean a better service or a more maintainable one. Just because MS lulled us into believing you could be asleep at the wheel when operating a mail server, it should not be a goal in itself for mail server admins. I'd take a KMS that does everything before I'd take a KMS that is easy to set up. Tha latter means I know how everything works, whereas hiding everything under a glitzy GUI means a lot of decisions about my mail stream is left to a programmer in California (or the Czech Republic). I don't like that Wink

Mail services are simple and cheap to set up, but as in many other areas in IT, the small and cheap things often has a high profile with the users. Nothing makes people more irrational than a service that almost works or behaves in an inconsistent manner because the admin don't know what all the settings mean.

Please don't make Kerio Mail Server into yet another mail server for wussies Cool
Previous Topic: problems with receiving external mail
Next Topic: DNS lookup failed
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Oct 18 14:56:56 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00558 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.