Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Existing Users in Linux
  •  
jvgrago

Send a private message to this user
I have a domain with about 10 users that send and receive email. The issue I am having is how can I get Kerio to recogize and use those existing accounts? Do I have to manually enter them into the Admin Console?

Second issue. We use php for our website and use the internal mail() function to send email from the site/script. The problem is when I goto test this, its telling me apache<_a.t_>localhost is not found (Unknown User). I cant create an apache user because then it will be apache<_a.t_>domain.com.

How do I solve this?

Thanks
Jim
  •  
mdhmi

What mail software are you using currently? For some packages there are migration tools to assist with creating the accounts within Kerio. Worst comes to worst you can do it manually, and for ten users that shouldn't be a big undertaking. I have nearly all of my sites authenticating via MS Active Directory, so this part is a piece of cake.

The easiest and least sophisticated way of working around the non resolvable sender issue would be to deselect the "Block if sender's mail domain was not found in DNS' checkbox in the SMTP server configuration section of the Admin Console.

Mark
  •  
jvgrago

Hi Mark, I am using sendmail on a Fedora Core 7 server. I will look around for a migration tool to see if I can get this to work.

Thanks for your help.
Jim
Previous Topic: Shared calendar
Next Topic: Mssgs migrated from POP to IMAP all from 1969
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 23:53:28 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00393 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.