Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Webmail rules - time-related variables available?
  •  
p0ddie

Send a private message to this user
Hey,

I have a mailbox here that receives and sends tons of mail - about 100 per day. I want to keep that mailbox slim because the client app (MS Entourage) becomes unstable with a large database.

I now have set up two rules in Entourage and I hope they will work:

If mailbox is inbox
If date received is older than 60 days
move mail to /local folders/my old mails/<busy mailbox name>/inbox

If mailbox is sent items
If date sent is older than 60 days
move mail to /local folders/my old mails/<busy mailbox name>/sent items

The cool thing here in theory is that even not subscribing to the public folders, Entourage seems to put the mails there, thus keeping it's database tidy.

However, since 10 people access this mail account I don't want this rule to be client-side, I want it to be a server-side rule. Is there a way to get some time related variables into the rules under webmail in KMS?

•  
p0ddie

*bump* come on, please, at least show me the documentation of the script editor :-/
  •  
stewie

From the manual: "Filtering rules are created in the Sieve standard language." So just google it. Good luck.
  •  
p0ddie

awesome, must have overread that, thanks! where in the man is that?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Unfortunately, standard sieve rules have no support for time-related variables. Moreover, mail filters in KMS are executed only on incoming emails. And it certainly cannot move emails to local folders on the client.

I recommend to keep using client-side rules for this purpose.
  •  
p0ddie

hi,

just found out about sieve only working on incoming mails, bummer. I wanted to move the mails into a folder inside the public folders, so it would have stayed on the server. Guess I'll just set a quota and have them do it manually then Smile
Previous Topic: Error log massive
Next Topic: SMTP AUthentication Issue
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 00:33:32 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00520 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.