Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Meeting Maker Export
  •  
cthomas

Send a private message to this user

Does anyone know of a way to export meeting data from Meeting Maker and import it into Kerio?

Meeting Maker will output to a .dat file from the server or a delimited .txt file from the client. Any way to get that into Kerio automagically? Thanks.

- C. Thomas
  •  
jshaw541

cthomas wrote on Thu, 05 March 2009 08:03

Does anyone know of a way to export meeting data from Meeting Maker and import it into Kerio?

Meeting Maker will output to a .dat file from the server or a delimited .txt file from the client. Any way to get that into Kerio automagically? Thanks.

- C. Thomas

I know of no existing tools to do so. Being familiar with the MM db format, it would be *possible* to export with an advanced knowledge of Perl or similar, but it'd be one heck of a chore.

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
p0ddie

We use MM 8.6.2 and I can export my appointments to an .ics file.

You should be able to import that ics file with a client such as iCal or Outlook and have it fill your account on KMS.
  •  
cthomas

Of course I have to be using 8.5.3 which only supports export to text and html. The only way I know of to get the 8.6.2 client is to pay PeopleCube gobs of money which is what I was hoping to avoid in the first place. Guess I am out of luck.

- C. Thomas
  •  
p0ddie

Since MM can sync with a Palm and a Palm can sync with iCal, is that a possibility? Install the Palm software and both the MM and iCal conduits, and off you… could work!

[Updated on: Mon, 09 March 2009 20:41]

•  
cthomas

Syncing 40+ people to Palm then Outlook? Yikes. I'm not all that sure that MM 8.5.3 can sync to Palm anyway.

We have decided to just book an hour of everyone's time this Friday were everyone will print out there MM calendar and then manually renter them into Outlook/Entourage/Kerio. Yes, it is a total kludge and an automated solution would be more elegant but sometimes the brute force manual method is easiest. Besides with the economy such that it is people don't have as many meetings right now anyway.

- C. Thomas
  •  
mpermann

We used a little Applescript we found at http://www.wrightthisway.com/Downloads.html
to take the data that you can save out of Meeting Maker and import it into iCal. Then we used the Kerio Sync connector to sync the data from iCal to Kerio.

We basically did it on a couple computers with a couple IT folks doing all the exporting/importing/syncing. We logged into the users Meeting Maker account and exported a certain date range of events then used the AppleScript to import it into iCal then we setup the Kerio Sync connector with the end users credentials and did a sync to get it to generate the default Calendar calendar in iCal. Then we exported the imported MMCalendar out of iCal and imported it back into iCal placing the events in the Calendar calendar. Then did a final sync with the Kerio Sync connector to push the events up to Kerio. Recurring events typically were problematic and we told the users to verify their data as we weren't responsible if everything wasn't there. It did a pretty good job. Now repeat that 200 or so more times and we were finished. Very Happy

I hope that helps.
Mike
Previous Topic: Kerio 6.6.2 Email-Versand
Next Topic: Moving OS
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Sep 26 23:50:30 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00406 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.