Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Resource Calendar Event Name
  •  
jctucker

Send a private message to this user
I'm a new user to Kerio, and I'm currently working on setting up our conference room as a resource, with users able to view the conference room public calendar. The issue I'm having is that when a user reserves the conference room, the event title in the public calendar is that user's name, rather than the title of the event as set by the user. Is there a way to have the shared calendar display the actual even title instead of the user's name?

Thanks in advance.
  •  
cthomas

That is technically a 'feature'. There are multiple threads about this topic including this one.

http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=msg&th=15022&sta rt=0&S=f1896224ada20ad41307da669e3f98a8

I am still trying to find a workable work around.

In my case I just need two people (my office manager and her assistant) to be able to see what the meeting is, not the whole company. So I was hoping to use the Reservation Manager designation but it looks like you can only have one reservation manager per resource. I have thought about creating a dummy account to be invited to all important meetings but then no one will be able to accept the meeting invites.

If you figure out a solution let me know.

- C. Thomas

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

cthomas wrote on Fri, 06 March 2009 17:40

So I was hoping to use the Reservation Manager designation but it looks like you can only have one reservation manager per resource.

You can have as many resource managers as you want. Simply create a group "Resource Managers" and add users into it. Then set the group as manager for the resource.

[Updated on: Fri, 06 March 2009 17:48]

•  
j.turley

Reservation managers has nothing to do with being able to see what an event name is on a resource calendar.

The Kerio tech people tell me that you can set this per resource by modifying a value in the mailserver config file but they didn't tell me what is was. I've had a look and the value you need to modify on a per resource basis is the variable called 'ClearEventSubject'.

I haven't played with this yet but I'm assured it works.

Jason
  •  
cthomas

Whoa! I think this is exactly what I need. I have done some quick and dirty testing and using this in conjunction with groups for resource managers and I think I now have all the features that have been keeping me using crappy ass Meeting Maker. Yeah!

For anyone else reading this thread I suspect that modifying your config file is not supported by by Kerio at all and I'd be surprised if changes were preserved across upgrades. You have to change the 'ClearEventSubject' variable from 1 to 0 for each resource. Then stop and start the mail server. This seems to only work for new events and does not apply to old events. But it does allow people (resource managers anyway, still need to do more testing) to see the owner of the event, the subject, and the location. Yippee!

- C. Thomas

P.S. If the option is available in the config file why isn't there a radio check box somewhere in the GUI?
  •  
mrspark

Hi,
I've tried the ClearEventSubject method and it works fine, but....
At sometime the mailserver.cfg file is resetting itself to the default 1 value. Anyone has a solution for this?

•  
cthomas

Just got this from a different thread. It may be useful for you.

"Kerio MailServer has to be stopped when editing the configuration file. Otherwise, all changes will be reverted back by KMS engine after a while."

- C. Thomas
  •  
jstrickland

Apparently I am blind. In this thread and another one, I see references to a calendar being associated with resources. I have created a resource, but see no associated public calendar. Where would I look? I had to create my own public calendar for my conference room, which is separate from the conference room resource. I would appreciate anyone who can tell me where I am missing something.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

jstrickland wrote on Tue, 21 April 2009 21:15

Apparently I am blind. In this thread and another one, I see references to a calendar being associated with resources. I have created a resource, but see no associated public calendar. Where would I look? I had to create my own public calendar for my conference room, which is separate from the conference room resource. I would appreciate anyone who can tell me where I am missing something.

http://www.kerio.com/manual/kms/en/sect-resourcesbas.html
Users with rights for reservation of a particular resource can subscribe the calendar with read-only rights so that they can see in their mailboxes when the resource is free or booked.

Resource calendar can be subscribed by the users as a regular shared calendar.
  •  
jstrickland

Is there no way to just make it a public calendar that can be found in the Public folder? The problem I have is in getting everyone in my company to successfully subscribe to the calendar. Not to disparage my fellow employees, but that is going to be a major headache, and would be a near impossibility for larger companies.
  •  
spiggott

I held a lunch-n-learn at our company of about 50 people and showed them how to subscribe to resource calenders in Outlook 2007, Entourage 2008 and Webmail. It only took about 15 minutes and seems to have worked fairly well.

You could also post instructions on your intranet, helpdesk, etc to make your life easier.
  •  
nunz

Hi all.

Just coming in on the end of this thread, as I have noticed people suggesting that you can assign a 'group' to be 'reservation manager' for a resource?

Our experience is that this does not work reliably. Do others have this working flawlessly? If you do, please share!!

We are pretty much all macs...the server is running on Mac os x 10.4.11 and we are using the latest kerio build (6.7) Most people are using ical and webmail...and probably 3 Entourage.

We seem to be able to 'trick' it if we set each person in the group FIRST to be the res manager and THEN switch the resource back to the group..and these settings seem to stick for a few days, but then it reverts back...not sure who it reverts back too... but there you go! IT doesn't work!

In any case, is the config file mentioned in this thread going to help in resolvnig this? Or is it something else completely.

No where in the Kerio docs does it say that you 'CAN'T' assign a group to be a resource manager... but perhaps this is an omission?

Anyway, any thoughts or suggestions you have would be great!

ciao

nunz
Previous Topic: sync 2 exchange calendars???
Next Topic: Office 12.1.9 - safe to install?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 11:49:20 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00465 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.