Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » iCal Default Calendar for Invitations (iCal Default Calendar for Invitations)
  •  
jjprusk

Send a private message to this user
I am using iCal (and iPhone via activesync) and have several caldav accessed calendars on Kerio, including "Calendar", which is to be my default calendar (which gets synced via activesync). I also have another local calendar that gets published to a WedDav server (different server <_a.t_> another location). My problem is that incoming invites go to the published local calendar rather than my default "Calendar", which causes everything to get published to the wrong calendar. What I really want (and indeed works when I don't have any other published calendars) is for these invites to go to my "Calendar" (ie, the calendar synced via caldav with Kerio). How do I go about making this happen properly? I've looked in iCal and don't see an option to set the default calendar (ie, the one that receives invites).
  •  
cwachs

Did you ever find a resolution to this problem? I have just started using iCal on OS X 10.6.1 (switched from Entourage) and when I open a calendar invite in Mail, it always defaults to putting it in my local calendar, not my server calendar which is where I keep everything. If I delete the local calendar, then it does not put the invite anywhere when I click on it.

Is this an Apple iCal issue or is there a way to set a default calendar that all new events go into?? What if you use multiple server side calendars? How do you set priority or a default there??

-----------
Server installation:
Kerio Connect 7.1
OS X Server 10.5.8
Apple G4 X Serve
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

This is how the Apple application are working. If you open the event in Apple Mail it can be added only to local calendars in iCal. When using CalDAV account in iCal you need to accept the invitation in the iCal and ignore the email in Apple Mail.

So, there are two options:

1. Use local calendars in iCal, sync with KMS via KSC and accept (open) events in Apple Mail.
2. Use CalDAV in iCal and accept the invitations directly in iCal.

I prefer option 2.
  •  
marook

iCal on 10.6.+ (10.6.1?) allowes you to move the event between ALL calendars now, from local to server ones - but yes, it still defaults to the first local calendar if you open an event from Mail.

Please file Enhancement Request at bugreport.apple.com !

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
samvenning

This is all very well for System Administrators I understand the mechanism going on. But it is difficult for the regular user to understand.

Invites from our domain
Ignore the invitation in Apple Mail.
- The invitation will appear in Apple iCa (Accept, Decline, Maybe in iCal)

Invites from other domains
- Double-click the invitation in Apple Mail to push it to iCal.

The process for getting invites should be consistent for the end user. Perhaps I could hide the invitation in Apple Mail. Is there a recommended way of "hiding" the invitation in Apple Mail so that it still appears in iCal (CalDAV)?
  •  
marook

@samvenning
Not quite true!

Invites from other domains
As long as the account is the one that hosts the server calendar, the invites should show up as normal. iCal only polls every 15 min (default).

IF the invitation comes in on Another Mail account, then you are right: The invitation will default go to the first Local calendar, if you have any! (You can safely delete all local calendars, if you don't use them!)

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
Previous Topic: How to monitor all users in/out mails?
Next Topic: KMS resource: Admin
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 18:09:53 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00438 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.