Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » profilecreator.exe for KOC Online Edition?
  •  
EdRoxter

Send a private message to this user
Hey there,

I'm currently looking for a possibility to create an Outlook profile with the Kerio Online Outlook Connector via a console command.

Since profilecreator.exe seems to be available for KOFF only, my question is: Is there any possibility to create a KOC-Online profile via command-line?

Or is there perhaps something else I could script myself such as a little program which creates the corresponding registry entries?

Kind Regards
Nico

[Updated on: Thu, 13 September 2012 10:04]

•  
TorW

I asked support about that a few months ago, but I was told it wasn't possible. The registry settings needed to create an Outlook PRF file is undocumented, so that isn't possible either. See this thread for a short discussion.

We spent a lot of time investigating automatic rollout of KOC, but we ended up doing it by hand. This one thing Exchange does much better, I'm sad to say ...
  •  
EdRoxter

My aim is particularly the realization of a per-user access without using a windows domain.

My idea was to put a little self-written autostart program on the computers needed in which the user has to enter his Kerio username and password. It would then delete the Outlook default profile (as far as I tested it, you just have to delete the corresponding registry key) and set up a new one with the entered username and password.

I successfully tested that with profilecreator.exe, but I'd rather want to use the Online Connector because that type of authorization would only be used in a LAN so that there's no need for offline caching because it should be fast enough for the online method. Additionally, the KOFF gives you that "initial synchronization" mail every time you set up a new profile which would be a bit annoying in this case.
  •  
TorW

That's what Microsoft's PRF file does: picks up user information from the already logged-in user and sets up an Outlook profile at first login. Creating your own PRF file from an undocumented MAPI provider (like KOC is), is cumbersome but possible. But to be possible at all, you need documenation on what registry settings KOC needs to build a profile. Kerio won't give that out. Not to me at least. MS Technet article on PRF files: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179062.aspx

Thus, rolling out a large number of users with Outlook and KOC is a major PITA. It's even worse when migrating from Exchange since you'll have to match Active Directory user ids and KMS mail addresses/user ids perfectly to avoid creating email aliases manually for every user.
  •  
EdRoxter

Hm. I'm afraid I'm not getting lucky with this.

We use Office 2003 here for which only the Custom Installation Wizard of the Office Resource Kit is available. With that one I'm not able to create a prf which contains a Kerio account. It only supports exchange, IMAP, POP3 - the pretty standard stuff.

Creating prf files out of existing profiles will, according to your link and others related to it, only work with Office 2007 and its Office Customization Tool.

As you said, I'd really need some documentation here... Or a profilecreator.exe for KOC. Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 09 March 2009 16:36]

Previous Topic: Ressources in KMS
Next Topic: Direct Blackberry and Kerio Sync using AstraSync?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 09:40:58 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00687 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.