Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » McAfee update?
  •  
Tr!une

Send a private message to this user
Is McAfee having issues with the update? I haven't received a new version in 5 days. That seems a bit odd with all the Netsky variants flying around. McAfee is still on version 4350. The update is not giving any errors, so I am just wondering if all is okay.

Thanks
  •  
bperkins

It is kind of odd, but everything is ok. I looked on their site and that's the latest DAT file issued April 8th.

•  
Tr!une

Thanks. It is odd, so I just wanted to know that it wasn't just me.
  •  
Tr!une

Well, 6 days and counting. Now I have a few of these errors in my warning log.

Antivirus update: Zero or missing Content-Length in file /nai-antivirus/datfiles/4.x/update.ini from nai-update.kerio.com
  •  
bperkins

I did get these errors too earlier today...

•  
peters

hmm, since yesterday i get a similar error messages :
"Cannot get file /nai-antivirus/datfiles/4.x/update.ini from nai-update.kerio.com: HTTP/1.1 302 Found;
Redirected to http://127.0.0.1/update_forbidden.html No Pasaran!".

it seems like two errors: a redirection and an authentication error. my current data base is 4350, today mcafee released 4351.
where's the problem? is it possible to update the database manuell (not over administration console)?

[Updated on: Thu, 15 April 2004 08:05]

•  
pisang98

And how do you download that then ?
When I use

http://nai-update.kerio.com/nai-antivirus/datfiles/4.x/updat e.ini

in my browser I get an error downloading
  •  
Jonas Quinn

I have the same problem. I get Antivirus update: Incomplete download of /nai-antivirus/datfiles/4.x/update.ini from nai-update.kerio.com: downloaded 2354 bytes of 748 in my log-file.

When I download it by hand, I get an error also. But when I click the link from pisang98 I can download update.ini. Very strange!!

I downloaded the DAT-files from McAfee and extracted the scan.dat, clean.dat and names.dat to the mcafee-dir in Mailserver. But you need to stop the server first and restart it. The new definitions will be loaded then, but you won't see it. You can edit update.ver to change the DATVersion entry. I didn't changed the UpdateTime entry, so Kerio doesn't see it was updated recently.

[Updated on: Fri, 16 April 2004 09:27]

•  
Jonas Quinn

I have the same problem. I get [CODEAntivirus update: Incomplete download of /nai-antivirus/datfiles/4.x/update.ini from nai-update.kerio.com: downloaded 2354 bytes of 748[/CODE]in my log-file.

When I download it by hand, I get an error also. But when I click the link from pisang98 I can download update.ini. Very strange!!

I downloaded the DAT-files from McAfee and extracted the scan.dat, clean.dat and names.dat to the mcafee-dir in Mailserver. But you need to stop the server first and restart it. The new definitions will be loaded then, but you won't see it. You can edit update.ver to change the DATVersion entry. I didn't changed the [CODEUpdateTime[/CODE] entry, so Kerio doesn't see it was updated recently.

•  
freakinvibe

Try to download the update.ini from

http://www.nai.com/us/downloads/updates/dat.asp

Regards, Pascal
  •  
nfenerlis

I have the same problem too... I got the message saying:

Antivirus update: Incomplete download of /nai-antivirus/datfiles/4.x/update.ini from nai-update.kerio.com: downloaded 947 bytes of 748

Any suggestion. I can download that ini file from that paticular location. I will download and what than ?

The kerio mail sevrer 5.7.8 is running in windows 2003

•  
Jonas Quinn

It is because you have a cracked version of Kerio. If your license is invalid, you can't update your McAfee.
Previous Topic: From local database to AD
Next Topic: KMS 6 Some themes do not support a custom logo
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 25 01:04:29 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00494 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.