Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Is there's a way to redirect users home page? (How to make users' browser to go to my home page at first? *Kerio Tech - Support please respond*)  () 1 Vote
  •  
kaptain1

Send a private message to this user
Hi Everyone!

I'm using demo KWF as a gateway for a public Wi-Fi environment (about 150 users), but wasn't able to find anywhere if it supports 'redirecting' to a home page.

I want to set it up so that it makes all LAN users to go to our company home-page when they open their browser, after which they can surf on their own...

If possible, please tell me how to accomplish that.

Thanks in advance!

[Updated on: Fri, 20 March 2009 18:37]

•  
kaptain1

•  
kaptain1

Kerio tech support, please answer my question. I'm currently evaluating Kerio demo version, and whether 'homepage-redirect' feature is available or not will determine whether I will be recommending purchasing KWF to my client or not.

Thank You
  •  
Lyconal

This can be acheived.

You need to set a block all traffic rule, and redirect to the URL of your homepage choice. On that page have the link to 'unlock' this rule, and once the user clicks, they can browse as per normal.

Maybe this would acheive what you want?

Have all other rules below this - So this rule is top until somebody overrides (If you give them permission to override that is)
  •  
kaptain1

Thanks for replying!

I tried this method, but wasn't able to get users forwarded to my www home page.

Could you please clarify few questions that i have:

1. Which "Traffice Policy" rule do i edit? Do i need to create a new one and place it above all other rules? Or Do i edit the "NAT rule", or "Firewall Traffic" rule?

How do I "redirect to the url of my home-page"? Under "Translation" column, I can "enable destination NAT", and fill in my url, but that didn't seem to work... (also, do i need to fill in the port number field?).

2. On my web-page, how do i create and place "unlock" button there? - so that users can unlock that rule and browse to their destinations.

Thanks a lot!
I appreciate your help.
  •  
Lyconal

1. The rule you need to create will be:

Configuration --> Content Filtering --> HTTP Policy

Create a new one to deny access to *, and in 'advanced' - Make it re-direct to your homepage.

Somewhere on the homepage, simply add the code to 'over-ride' the rule, and set 'not logged in' users to have this permission.

I have tested and it works Smile
  •  
ahiscox

Hi

I am testing Kerio out and would really like to get the redirect to my intranet page working with the unlock button. Are you able to post the code you used to get this feature to work? My intranet page is running on a Linux apache server and is built with PHP. I have not touched PHP before and not sure how it works.

Best Regards
  •  
k_kiaee

dear buddy
can u give some information about details of redirecting homepage in kerio?
tnx a million before~ Razz
kian
  •  
Jacklo

Hi, In a post you said "simply add the code to 'over-ride' the rule," can I kindly ask you for the code?
  •  
Goran

You can play with sing in website in kerio if you know something about php then is easy way to do it...

Question cannot be stupid, but some of the answers can.
  •  
Jacklo

Goran wrote on Mon, 20 September 2010 16:54
You can play with sing in website in kerio if you know something about php then is easy way to do it...

I tried but that php is some other high tech shat man, my Dreamweaver dint like that log-in screen, lol
  •  
Goran

Yes i know... But if you will play with that little you will find out that is not that hard... Or maybe ask some PHP programmer he will know all in few minutes. I think that this is easyest way.
They come on your welcome page there they must login to go on other sites or look on this site etc... Actually the best idea, i using something like that Smile

Question cannot be stupid, but some of the answers can.
  •  
ImnI

Hi

i use kerio 8.5, can you explain more about your solution.

I think it's resolved my problem.

Thanks man
iman
Previous Topic: Kerio VPN Client on Windows 10 is not work?
Next Topic: tunnel with Checkpoint
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Mar 27 10:37:03 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01172 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.