Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Denial page NOT working
  •  
DonChino

Send a private message to this user
On DENIAL OPTIONS I clicked on Show Denial Page and put some TEXT, but it never shows up. Instead I get "Requested page cannot be found. Please contact firewall administrator. " So I am assuming there is a TEMPLATE FILE somewhere that is missing where the text gets dropped into? Can you guys tell me what the file name should be, where it should be located, and how do I get the DENIAL PAGE with TEXT option working?

FINALLY...
How do you stop the downloading of filetypes over FTP? You basically have to specify FILETYPE and upload/download but when I put *.pdf it still tries to downlod. Possible bug? Hole? Hope you guys get FTP working with the Proxy Server...

Help on stopping FTP by filetypes?

[Updated on: Wed, 14 April 2004 06:14]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

DonChino wrote on Wed, 14 April 2004 00:28

On DENIAL OPTIONS I clicked on Show Denial Page and put some TEXT, but it never shows up. Instead I get "Requested page cannot be found. Please contact firewall administrator. " So I am assuming there is a TEMPLATE FILE somewhere that is missing where the text gets dropped into? Can you guys tell me what the file name should be, where it should be located, and how do I get the DENIAL PAGE with TEXT option working?

FINALLY...
How do you stop the downloading of filetypes over FTP? You basically have to specify FILETYPE and upload/download but when I put *.pdf it still tries to downlod. Possible bug? Hole? Hope you guys get FTP working with the Proxy Server...

Help on stopping FTP by filetypes?

FTP content filtering have one major assumption: the FTP connection must be handled by the FTP protocol inspector in KWF.

Can you please post here exact non-working FTP rule?
The example in default installation is pretty clear and works.

To view the denial page you should enable web administration interface in KWF. User will be redirected to this page to view the denial reason.
  •  
DonChino

Ok, I got the DENIAL page working, but you have to go to ADVANCED OPTIONS -> USER AUTHENTICATION and turn ON "Enable Web Interface on Port"...

This page is more for User Authentication though and I guess I will have to use a REDIRECT to create a page.

As for non-working FTP Rule?
Quite simple...
Any User, Any Server, Deny, Always, Any, Upload/Download, *.pdf*

Then I go to
http://www.kaspersky.com/productupdates.html?chapter=1462743 91&downlink=147130762

And try to download any of the PDF documents offered by Kaspersky and they either TIME OUT or it just keeps running and running... Help? Just want to be able to stop people from downloading .exe, .vbs, etc...
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

DonChino wrote on Thu, 15 April 2004 04:44

Ok, I got the DENIAL page working, but you have to go to ADVANCED OPTIONS -> USER AUTHENTICATION and turn ON "Enable Web Interface on Port"...

This page is more for User Authentication though and I guess I will have to use a REDIRECT to create a page.

As for non-working FTP Rule?
Quite simple...
Any User, Any Server, Deny, Always, Any, Upload/Download, *.pdf*

Then I go to
http://www.kaspersky.com/productupdates.html?chapter=1462743 91&downlink=147130762

And try to download any of the PDF documents offered by Kaspersky and they either TIME OUT or it just keeps running and running... Help? Just want to be able to stop people from downloading .exe, .vbs, etc...

BUT you forgot to mention you are using KWF6! Of course, there is some differences in Administration console.

The FTP rule above works fine for me. No .pfd file is allowed to download. I have to mention that many of links on that page points to HTTP document, not only FTP links are here.
Previous Topic: edonkey
Next Topic: FTP does not work.
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 08:44:40 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00367 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.