Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Webmail Contact Subfolder Sync with iPhone
  •  
margaan

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I have added a few Subfolders in the WebInterface for my contacts. Thing is, that only my contacts in the "root" of Contacts are beeing synced.

How do I get the Subfolders synced as well?

In the Sync Connector for Mac I only have the option to Sync "Contacts" and "Public Contacts"

On the iPhone I only see "All Contacts" which shows me the contacts in the root, only...

Couldnt find a solution in the Manual for that...

Thx!

EDIT: I tried the new Beta as well which says "Syncing of groups from Apple Address Book with Kerio Sync Connector for Mac"

I dont see any difference to the prev. release regarding that

[Updated on: Mon, 16 March 2009 23:49]

•  
margaan

So this is not possible (from the Manual of a German distributor)? Look at the pic, please:

I mean the Sub folders of All Contacts. Cos on my iPhone only All Contats is beeing shown.

What about the new feature of the new Beta I mentioned above?

• Attachment: Bild 1.jpg
    (Size: 39.95KB, Downloaded 509 times)

[Updated on: Tue, 17 March 2009 10:23]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

You're right. iPhone with over-the-air ActiveSync (Exchange-type of account) can synchronize any contact folder.

Kerio Sync Connector for Mac synchronize only root contact folders, ie. no sub-folders.
BTW: "Groups" in Address Book are equivalent of 'Categories' in other clients - as described in the Release Notes document.

Do you synchronize iPhone with Activesync or with desktop iTunes via USB cable?

[Updated on: Tue, 17 March 2009 10:52]

•  
margaan

With Active Sync.

So somehow I managed to have Sub-Contact folders on the iPhone. Actually I have no idea what I did.. Trying to figure out now, how I can see only one of the folders on an other iphone...

I dragged the Business Folder to the "Shared" folder. Then went to the other account and got the same folder there with the same contacts. So both Account now have the Shared Folder "Business". Anyhow, it is not shown on th eiPhone again :-/

Meaning:
My iPhone: Business Contacts + Private Contacts
Other iPhone: Same Business Contacs + own Private Contacts.

In the Mac Adressbook which is synced with the KSC I dont see the contacts tho. So you re saying that its not possible to have sub-folders, ya? The Mac Addressbook is empty

• Attachment: Bild 1.jpg
    (Size: 126.38KB, Downloaded 489 times)

[Updated on: Tue, 17 March 2009 11:39]

Previous Topic: Anonymous Access Overriding Other Users
Next Topic: Migrating secure certificate from existing mail system
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Oct 18 15:05:43 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00432 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.