Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Using Public Folders as a Mailbox and senders email
  •  
allcam

Send a private message to this user
hello

we have a public email info<_a.t_>company.de

i want to forward the plublic email to an public folder. In order that can be used by multiple users. In Echange it is very simple (http://www.msexchange.org/articles/MF021.html)

How its works in Kerio??

Sometimes it besser that a user send the email not with his name, he must send it with the public email-adresse info<_a.t_>...

How i can configure it, than the user can choose a diffent email-adress???

•  
matino

If your users are using Outlook with connector, in options at Kerio MailServer tab is option for customize sender, and there you can specify any address.
  •  
allcam

ok..i try it...but what about Using "Public Folders as a Mailbox" ?
  •  
anthony.somerset

create a folder within your public folders to contain mail items

then in kerio admin go to the alias page and create an alias for info and change "deliver to" and public folders should be in the drop down list with a list of folders capable of mail being sent to

Mac Xserve Intel - 2x 2.7GHz Dual Core Xeon
Leopard 10.5.8
4GB Ram
1.25 TB HDD Raid 5
Kerio 6.7.1
~60 Users (varying windows and mac Exchange or IMAP)
18 iPhones
  •  
allcam

ok...i tried but it doesnot work. i get my info<_a.t_>company.com via pop3. in pop3 i only can choose to deliver the email to a user not to a folder
  •  
anthony.somerset

one work around to this then which would require a spare mailbox license

is to download the email into an info<_a.t_> account, then using server side rules ("mail filters") from webmail, you can set it to automatically forward/copy emails into a public folder, this gives the benefit of archiving the email seperately and securely from the public folders

otherwise you could just "move" the emails to the public folder from the said account using the filters option

probably not the ideal but most likely a suitable solution in your case

you would still need to create the alias for local mail accounts to send internally (if they ever email the info address)

[Updated on: Tue, 24 March 2009 13:40]

Leopard 10.5.8
4GB Ram
1.25 TB HDD Raid 5
Kerio 6.7.1
18 iPhones
  •  
allcam

hello

now i get in my admin-account the info-mails, then i start via webmail filter-rule, which move the incoming email from "info" to the public folder, but its not a likely solution Sad

i would like to have extra sort-rule in pop3-download to a folder. now you can only sort to user and groups
  •  
anthony.somerset

it is probably worth submitting that as a feature request and it may appear in future versions

Leopard 10.5.8
4GB Ram
1.25 TB HDD Raid 5
Kerio 6.7.1
18 iPhones
Previous Topic: Grant calendar-access to a group
Next Topic: Kerio MailServer 6.7.0 beta released
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 08:43:27 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00401 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.