Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Google G1 and Kerio
  •  
mike-p

Send a private message to this user
Has anyone gotten the G1 to sync with Kerio? Some of our employees have the phone and I know I will have to support it soon.
I have been trying an app called TouchDown which provides activesync support on the G1. However, it states that either Exchange Web Services (EWS) or Exchange WebDAV must be exposed. Not sure if Kerio does/has this.

Thanks
Michael
  •  
jeremy

When I had KMS installed on a Win2k8 Server kerio worked great with thunderbird and the default email client on Android. However since migrating my KMS to a CentOS mail server neither one works. Not sure why but just so you know it can be done.
  •  
jshaw541

mike-p wrote on Fri, 20 March 2009 12:03

Has anyone gotten the G1 to sync with Kerio? Some of our employees have the phone and I know I will have to support it soon.
I have been trying an app called TouchDown which provides activesync support on the G1. However, it states that either Exchange Web Services (EWS) or Exchange WebDAV must be exposed. Not sure if Kerio does/has this.

Thanks
Michael

FWIW, the Touchdown folks claim compatibility with Kerio MailServer. I have a G1 test unit and will be trying it this week sometime, with 6.7.0.

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
jeremy

I have it working now on my G1 using the default email client and IMAP.
  •  
jshaw541

jeremy wrote on Mon, 08 June 2009 10:21

I have it working now on my G1 using the default email client and IMAP.

Yes, but that's just email. If you need to sync just email, go for IMAP. If you need Activesync for mail, contacts, and calendars -- that's a different game.

Windows Server 2003 SP 1
~1300 users
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
  •  
ccjwells

I'm trying Touchdown now, and it sort of works with Kerio. I can get and read new messages, but none show at all in the Inbox. My calendar alerts me when appointments and meetings are coming up, but the meetings themselves don't always display when you look at it. Contact work in a similar manner. When I have some time, I'm gonna drop the developers an email.
  •  
ccjwells

I reinstalled it and all seems to be working fine. I'll post some thoughts later
  •  
jshaw541

Touchdown works/syncs with a G1 and KMS 6.7.0 fine, so far. Everything's syncing, and not seeing any of the usual annoying bugs I usually see with 3rd party Activesync software with KMS.

Windows Server 2003 SP 1
~1300 users
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
  •  
nimbus2k

hi,

i have a samsung galaxy (i7500) with android OS. i had installed kms 6.7.1.

ON phone i have TouchDown and RoadSync (beta) . But none of both syncing with kerio.

The error on TouchDown is "ActiveSync policy not initialized" and on RoadSync "http error"

Kerio, TouchDown or RoadSync config error ?

I don't understand. (with windows mobile 6.1 no problem).

Thx.
  •  
ccjwells

I think you may need to "allow unsupported devices" in the Kerio config files. There should be instructions on the forum or in the Kerio knowledge base.

Previous Topic: very strange problem with kerio outlook connector offline
Next Topic: How about a new webinterface?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Sep 19 17:09:32 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00498 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.