Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Kerio with 2 internets interface ... problems !!
  •  
Nikxx

Send a private message to this user
Hello everyone.

I've got a litle a litle something here.
On my company i have 2 internet links.

One of them is ADSL 5 megas and the other is a 1 Mega "Full".

This 1 mega full is a different kind, the internet company gave us fixed ip, a 100k both ways connection. We mostly use this one for vpn, important access and stuff ...

The adsl 5 mega we mostly use for surfing and etc.

It used to work just fine, but from a time to now, i only get INACTIVE on the ADSL link ( kerio is working on FAILOVER ).

I cant find a way to bring the link up again, and i can tell there the link is working just great ( sometimes it shows active , but then inactive again ) ... strange.

I'm using windows 2008 server and one thing i could notice is that i cannot put 2 gatways on my 2 lan card on the server.

I think i'm missconfusing the configuration.
Can anyone help please ?

Thakns !!!
  •  
moro666

first.. you can't confeger 2 gateways in any windows system.
& this is not important when using Kerio winroute

about your problem ,,

try to change ( probe Hosts )
the default sitting is [ use the primary default gateway..]

Change it to [ Use the following spesified IP address... ]
Here you can use any stable IP address of known server, like yahoo.com
or whatever Stable, Pingable IP address outside your LAN

kerio use this way to check if any link of both internet links is working or not.

try this , hope it fix this problem.

Mohammad Habeeb
  •  
dogo

Hello,

I do have two NICs and two gateways on my Windows Vista and it uses both of them (althow not so perfectly as I wish), at least until I installed and started Winroute firewall. I have two NICs and every one of them is a default route with a gateway. This looks like this (got with ROUTE PRINT in cmd):
Networkdest. Network mask Gateway Iinterface Metric
0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.178.1 192.168.178.20 2
0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.148 2

Now when I start Winroute it deletes my second default route. I have set it up to use multiple Internet connections with load balancing. When I watch the traffic on my two NICs I can see that only the first is being used - no matter how loaded the used link is. I am not sharing my connentions with anyone. I only need the load balancing function of Winroute. Am I doing simething wrong?

Greetings
  •  
Nikxx

Well, when you get kerio up, you should start to control the routs by kerio, and not by windows anymore.

kerio has a place for that.

And for the load balancing, have you configured the speed of each interface ?
  •  
dogo

I tried this too: I added the deleted default route in Winroute. Then I click save and it moves from inactive routes up to the others, that already exist. When i click the update button, the default route that I just added disappears.

As for the speed - yes both have the speed of 1 MBit/s
  •  
Nikxx

Probably it heapens because winroute will not use that route yet.
It will w8 before one interface is full of connections.
  •  
Jan Jezek (Kerio)

dogo wrote on Fri, 19 June 2009 02:19

Now when I start Winroute it deletes my second default route. I have set it up to use multiple Internet connections with load balancing. When I watch the traffic on my two NICs I can see that only the first is being used - no matter how loaded the used link is. I am not sharing my connentions with anyone. I only need the load balancing function of Winroute. Am I doing simething wrong?

WinRoute manages the default routes and yes, only one of them should remain visible in Windows. If the traffic seems not to be balanced, do you have the correct traffic policy that allows WinRoute to use both interfaces? Namely the NAT settings are important.

Jan Jezek
Product Development Manager - Kerio Control
Kerio Technologies
  •  
dogo

Hello again

I think i got it right at last! Here is a short description of what I've done for any future readers having the same problem:

1. In configuration/traffic_rules (I'm not shure if I translated that correctly - here it is German Konfiguration/Verkehrsrichtlinien) after running the wizard I had a entry/rule named NAT.

2. Set the source to Firewall

3. Set the destination to your multiple NICs - Edit destination-> add -> Network connection with interface -> Selected interface and choose your first NIC. Add this way the remaining NICs.

4. Services - any

5. If you don't have the colum Translation - right click on the empty space unter your rules and choose Edit rows. There you can add Translation. Double click on the cell Translation of your NAT rule and first choose the check box Activate Source-NAT secondly the Standard settings from the drop-down menu and at last the radio button Loadbalance for every connection.

Now just save the changes and this should do it. It works fine here. Finally on the left side under Logs/config you should see a line similar to this:

name=(NAT) src=(Firewall) dst=(iface:"Alfa"iface:"Intel") service=(any) snat=(auto perconnection) dnat=(any) action=(Permit), time_range=(always) inspector=(default)

Can some expert please confirm that i've done it right? Rolling Eyes

Greetings
Previous Topic: configuring VPN tunner with failover
Next Topic: Trouble with Iraq Network and KWF
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 16:59:54 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00503 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.