Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » School Usage (Filtering / Alerting)
  •  
mike.ruddell

Send a private message to this user
Hi All,

I currently use Kerio Mailserver in a school environment.

Does anyone have any custom rules setup based on 'keywords' that would alert the network team?

For example, students sending messages with the word gay.

The list could go on. If anyone has something like this setup, please let me know.

I'm keen to clamp down on any abuse (without trawling through the archive daily!)

Cheers,

Mike
  •  
RHarmsen.nl

Why would the word gay or similiar words need an alert or filter?

•  
TorW

Are there any written policies in place, defining what constitutes abuse? If not, I'd let it be. You know, if all you have is a hammer, everything starts looking like a nail.

And if you have time to monitor mail content, I want your job. Seriously Cool
  •  
jshaw541

mike.ruddell wrote on Wed, 25 March 2009 12:19

Hi All,

I currently use Kerio Mailserver in a school environment.

Does anyone have any custom rules setup based on 'keywords' that would alert the network team?

For example, students sending messages with the word gay.

The list could go on. If anyone has something like this setup, please let me know.

I'm keen to clamp down on any abuse (without trawling through the archive daily!)

Cheers,

Mike

Mike, this functionality isn't really in KMS itself. However, you could "archive" email to an external solution, such as the free MailArchiva OS Edition and have that search/reporting functionality.

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
My IT Indy

You could run a file scan against the mail folder itself on the server and flag any of the emails sitting in the users' folders.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
Previous Topic: Mail stuck in the C:\Inetpub\mailroot\Queue folder
Next Topic: Public Tasks and the Mac
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 17:04:47 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00446 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.