Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Email Archiving Solution
  •  
jlagnese

Send a private message to this user
Does anyone have recommendations for a separate email archiving solution that can be used with Kerio? It's a regulatory thing that we have to do now. Thanks in advance.
  •  
campodoro74

We're using MailStore and that works just fine !
  •  
jlagnese

•  
jlagnese

Another question for the Kerio people I guess, or anyone else that may know, does Kerio support email journaling? Email archiving solutions support MS Exchange that does journaling, so the question is, since Kerio emulates exchange, does it support that?
  •  
rleslie70

yes, kerio supports Journaling. you go to archiving and backup in the administration console panel. Archiving is just another word for journaling.

Right now it's not in our budget to purchase an archiving solution (with the economy)..but we did look at a couple of products.

There was http://www.intradyn.com. They run about $8000 and up depending on the model and number of users. The GUI looks a little primitive but the one cool feature is that you can offload the email to backup tapes and potentially keep it forever.

Another one we looked at was jatheon. Website is http://www.jatheon.com. Their GUI looks a little more sophisticated but i think they were more expensive and i'm not sure if you can offload old emails to tapes.

Both of these solutions will work with Kerio..in fact in the demo for Jatheon i sat through they specifically mentioned kerio.

hope this helps.
  •  
rleslie70

another one i forgot to mention was the barracuda message archiver. We use the barracuda spam firewall and it's been a great product. The message archiver looks pretty cool. Has a nice GUI. The model isn't that expensive but they do charge for a good bit for the updates and warranty/replacement.
  •  
SunnyKerio

I have a client that is looking to move from his Linux sendmail mail solution to Kerio Connect for all the other bells and whistles such as shared calendar, contacts, etc. They currently have a Barracuda Message Archiver that captures all incoming/outgoing mail. Needed to install milter-bcc on the linux box to send a copy of the email to the message archiver. In Kerio Connect / Archiving = Archive to remote email address will that provide the same solution, meaning will it capture all incoming/outgoing messages for all users and forward a copy to the Barracuda Message Archiver. Please advise.
  •  
jstrickland

We use the enterprise edition of MailArchiva.

http://www.mailarchiva.com

We have been very happy with it to date. We did not want to purchase a server with large amounts of hard disk space, so we set up a virtual server in the Amazon Cloud. This gives us infinite storage at an extremely reasonable price.
  •  
SunnyKerio

so it does capture both incoming and outgoing messages? My concern with the Kerio Archiving options are that it looks like if you Enable it then it wants you to choose a local archive directory. We are not wanting to Archive anything to a local directory. We would like to simply use the "Archive to remote email address" which we are also wondering if archiver<_at_>ip-address will work as it is now.

•  
jstrickland

SunnyKerio wrote on Tue, 26 October 2010 11:59
so it does capture both incoming and outgoing messages? My concern with the Kerio Archiving options are that it looks like if you Enable it then it wants you to choose a local archive directory. We are not wanting to Archive anything to a local directory. We would like to simply use the "Archive to remote email address" which we are also wondering if archiver<_at_>ip-address will work as it is now.

Yes, MailArchiva captures both incoming and outgoing emails using the Archive to remote email address feature.
  •  
SunnyKerio

are you also archiving to a local directory or can that field be ignored and simply use the "archive to remote email"?
Also do you know if Kerio will recognize and accept archiver<_at_>ip-address for an email. I would like to believe it should work since server and barracuda archiver will be on the same private network. your insight is much appreciated.
  •  
jstrickland

SunnyKerio wrote on Tue, 26 October 2010 12:13
are you also archiving to a local directory or can that field be ignored and simply use the "archive to remote email"?
Also do you know if Kerio will recognize and accept archiver<_at_>ip-address for an email. I would like to believe it should work since server and barracuda archiver will be on the same private network. your insight is much appreciated.

The archive to local directory can be completely ignored.

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to your question about kerio accepting archiver@ip-address for an email.
  •  
p0ddie

+1 for mailarchiva, I have it running with customers both as the open source and the commercial enterprise version, both work flawlessly and are very fast. I have it running on a virtualized ubuntu server, the mail store is on an iscsi store mounted inside the vm.
  •  
SunnyKerio

spoke with Kerio tech support and they advised that logically archiving to archiver<_at_>ip-address should work.
Side note - I have another client that is running Exchange 2003 Standard. They have just over 100users and we are weighing the options of Kerio Connect and Exchange Server 2010. How many users do you have running on your Kerio server and is it a mixed client environment (Mac/PC)? Do you allow integration to their smartphones? Also how would you advise creating two different email domains that reside within the same network? Currently we have a Kerio server for the one email domain and Exchange 2003 as the other. Will Kerio support have two separate email domains and then how would that be delivered to the users mail client?
jstrickland

We have about 80 users, with no problems whatsoever. This is even with running on some pretty old equipment. Ours is a mixed environment, and I do allow smartphone integration. Ease of integration is in the following order: iPhone, Android, WinMo, BlackBerry.

I have two domains running off of my one Kerio server. I have never run into any difficulties as a result.
Previous Topic: email are not constantly arriving
Next Topic: Reply Doesn't Include Original Text
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Sep 24 21:25:54 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00585 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.