Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Problem on Outlook Personal Folder when using KOFF
  •  
matias007

Send a private message to this user
dear all,

I'm using Kerio Mail Server 6.6.2 on Linux, and my Kerio Server is working well. But in Clients PCs I'm using KOFF to configure on outlook and it's also working well, but the problem is the messages that arrive cannot moving automatically to the Personal Folder(and also the rules in outlook is not working). I really need the solution because i have more than 200 clients and it's impossible all their messages put in Server because will make server running slowly, and all my boss are not need moving the messages manually when messages arrived.

Does anyone know how it work automatically moving the messages to PS???
I really need your help!!!

your opinion is my best solution!

THX,

MAtias,
  •  
kyrkon

Hi, I am a new user on Kerio mailserver. I have recently installed it and replace the exchange 2003 into our company. The first day after installation I faced the same problem. My solution is to create for each user a POP3 account and every 5 minutes all messages are moving from the server site to Personal folders or each time to press the Send/Receive button. I have also the KOFF connection for each user so to be able to see the Public Contacts and Calendars.

I believe that KERIO must find the solution on that only with KOFF.

I hope to be useful.

Regards,

Kyriakos
  •  
matias007

hi..thank's for you Kyriakos...

what you mentioned is already tried by me...and it's work, and when i configured using POP3 protocol the default is Personal Folder(*.pst), but the rules(rules and alerts in outlook) are not worked, right?? or did you already tried and the rules was worked?? if worked how could you setting up it??

Cheers,

Matias,
  •  
matias007

helloooo..
how can you use KOFF and POP3 connection simultaneously???
how to setting up it??

cheers,

Matias,
  •  
kyrkon

It is not nesserary to use any rules to transfer the messages into your Personal folders. POP3 by default remove the messages from server and so you can set the default location as your Personal folder.

Now on how you can use both KOFF and POP3 connections simultaneously you just have to create both accounts in your outlook accounts. I have attached a photo to see.

Regards,

Kyriakos

•  
matias007

Thank's...

yes, it works but my boss need the rules also work...so its my problem...but before the KOFF when still using Kerio Synchronization Plugin the rules are working...

Cheers,

Matias,

[Updated on: Thu, 02 April 2009 11:15]

•  
matino

Hi,
I'm using koff account together with old pop3 account (it means it is not active) and my rules were set up for this pop3. My default store is koff, and rules are not running automatically, but when I run them manually, all mails from koff (means at server) are downloaded to my .pst file and sorted according to rules.
  •  
sedell

The built in rules in Outlook do not function properly when using KOC or KOFF. They haven't for as long as I've been using KMS. See http://support.kerio.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=v iewarticle&kbarticleid=258

As for moving mail automatically to a PST, that doesn't work. The rules/filters in Kerio are applied on the server when mail is delivered to the mailbox, not by Outlook, so they can't move mail to Outlook's PST file.

Scott
  •  
matias007

Dear Matino,

I'm using KOFF and POP3 simultaneously and the default store is KOFF, I set up the rules in .pst folder but even push to run manually still not work.

can you take a look of this?

Regards,
  •  
matino

Maybe it depends on outlook version. I'm using Outlook XP, and when I create rule in outlook (means with built-in rules wizard), I can choose to move messages from Kerio store to folder located in my .pst file.
My rules are applied to Kerio Mailserver an my old inbox (.pst file).
Look at attached picture.
[img]index.php?t=getfile&id=1624&private=0[/img]

• Attachment: rules.JPG
    (Size: 33.53KB, Downloaded 528 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 08 April 2009 08:09]

•  
matias007

OK I'm using outlook 2003!

Another things if i use POP3 in outlook how can i get the address book in active directory via LDAP???

BR,
Previous Topic: I'm Blackberry-Stupid -- Please Help Me
Next Topic: Incorrect meeting request times in Hotmail
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 22:52:45 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00522 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.