Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Can SpamAssassin learn from redirected mail?
  •  
aaron311

Send a private message to this user
I have many users that use POP to get their mail. I've instructed them to redirect any spam that isn't marked to "spam<_a.t_>mydomain.com". My idea is that I would then log into the spam mailbox and manually mark the messages as spam through webmail.

Will this work correctly, or will redirecting negatively affect SpamAssassin?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

I'm not sure what do you mean with "redirected email". If you mean forwarded then it will negatively affect Spam Assassin for sure as the message will be different from original one.
  •  
aaron311

Well, the users will highlight the message in Apple Mail, then select the Message menu, and select "Redirect". See attached image.

It appears like the original message then shows up in my "spam" mailbox, but the headers are somewhat changed.

• Attachment: Picture 4.png
    (Size: 64.14KB, Downloaded 393 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 02 April 2009 16:20]

•  
sgongola

Redirect does add to the headers but copying/moving into another folder does not.

We use pop with MS Outlook but we also have KOC for shared calendars and folders. For the occasional email problem, forwarding an email from Outlook to support often leaves out all the headers so we set up a shared folder to drop problem emails into for investigation.

I am not sure how it works with Apple Mail but can you set up an IMAP account with a shared folder where users can drop spam?
  •  
aaron311

That's a good idea. I might investigate doing that in the future.
Previous Topic: Automatically delete old messages
Next Topic: LDAP Error
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 00:28:38 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00426 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.