Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Note text disappears on closing when session has expired (Check the title...)
  •  
MPRowe

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I'm a new user of this software (Kerio MailServer 6.6.2), so forgive me if this is old (didn't find these topics when I searched, though).

Overall I like the Kerio mail server, but I've been taking advantage of the Notes and two things have bugged me a bit. First, it doesn't seem like a great idea to have a "close" button be the mechanism for saving a note. While you can get used to that fairly quickly, it's certainly not something that comes naturally. Shouldn't the button be named "save" or "save & close"? Since hitting a "close" button in most software packages runs you the risk of losing your edits...

Speaking of losing your edits... the second thing is that if you hit that close button after your session has expired, your text evaporates. It gets replaced by a statement that your session has timed out and that you'll have to log in again. When sending mail, Kerio does the right thing -- if your session has expired, it holds on to your message while giving you the opportunity to log in again. With notes, though, it just scraps whatever you've written.

Anybody else have a problem with these things or am I just too sensitive? Rolling Eyes

Previous Topic: McAfee failure
Next Topic: Automatically delete old messages
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Sep 21 01:52:28 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00362 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.