Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » External accounts in groups
  •  
renefn

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I'm looking for a way to create a group whose members are all external accounts; that is email addresses that are not belonging to the servers own domains.

Our server is connected to Active Directory and with Exchange I would just create Contacts in AD and give them an external email address. Unfortunately these contacts are not visible in KMS and I haven't found a way to create these users as local users in KMS.

How do I do this? We're two companies with different domains (and different mailservers) and I need to create a group that sends email to several addresses in the other company.

Regards,
René Frej Nielsen

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
  •  
p0ddie

without giving it too much thought right now, this should be possible with the mailing list manager. Set up a mailing list and import all addresses of the other domain as recipients there, make sure the "reply to" field is set to "sender".

Whenever one of your domain members sends a mail to that mailing list (e.g. the-other-company<_a.t_>your-domain.com) the mail gets redistributed to all internal and external mail addresses in the mailing list.

can't think of another server-side possibility right now. Yes, it would be clever to be able to set up groups in the address book, but I doubt all clients would support that feature...
  •  
renefn

Actually I had thought of trying the mailling list but as I'm new to KMS I haven't tried that feature yet. I hope that it's possible to create something that mimics what the users are used to.

EDIT: I have now tried what you suggested, and it seems to work just fine. The only thing that I'm missing is to have the address of the mailing list in the public contacts. As it is now the users have to know the address.

[Updated on: Sat, 04 April 2009 21:18]

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
  •  
kyrkon

Good morning,

I have done a distribution list from Webmail and i have all my external email addresses and also my users can see this list into Public Folder Contacts.

Regards,

Kyriakos
  •  
renefn

kyrkon wrote on Mon, 06 April 2009 07:41

Good morning,

I have done a distribution list from Webmail and i have all my external email addresses and also my users can see this list into Public Folder Contacts.

Nice solution that I will remember but it won't work for my needs. It has to be possible to send mail TO this group from the outside as well.

EDIT: On the other hand... That's not really necessary because th other company uses their internal distribution list to send to their own users and not our ditribution list... So this solution is actually the best!

[Updated on: Mon, 13 April 2009 17:56]

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
Previous Topic: PAM + Winbind
Next Topic: MUltiple Domains.
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 12:22:55 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00378 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.