Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Syncronise public folders between 2 servers (I want both servers to use the same public folders)
  •  
Yohann94

Send a private message to this user
Hello,
I'm in a special configuration where I have 2 servers away one from each other. But I want to share the public folder, specialy contacts, between both servers. In fact, let's say I have a master server, and I want it to replicate its contact list to the secondary server.
So I'm using rsync (Carbon Copy Cloner) to sync #public/Contacts and it works.
But I wanted an advice about what exactly to sync : Do I have to sync indexes and all the fld files or only the #msgs folder ?
Can I do the same thing with Calendar, Resources and Tasks ? In fact, would it be as simple as cloning the #public folder ?

Thanks for your advices.
  •  
altivec

Until the feature is buildin into Kerio it wont be possible.

The syncing feature is a fiction.

If you open your public folder either a calendar or contact you will see that each "contact" or "event" are represented by a sequential number.

Let's just go with contact (event will work the same way).

People from office 1 (mail1.server.com) will use mail1 as mail server for mail and public folder which is the master server also.

People from office 2 (mail2.server.com will use mail2 as mail server for mail and public which is the slave server.

Let's say you start the server and have 50 contacts.
Evertything goes great!

Someone in Office1 is adding contact (which will be the file number 51), everything still work well on both side since only one place had change made.

Let's say someone in Office 1 and also in Office 2 are both creating new contact then both server will create a file number 51 and on the sync there will be either a issue or most recent by time will go on top so u'll loose one of the contact.

Again same would apply on calendar.

I would like that feature as much as you, we currently have 5 office in different country and 3 servers going on. I have try to find a way around like you thought and forget it.

KMS1 6.7.2: Xserve 10.5.8 - 150 users
KMS2 6.7.2: Xserve 10.5.8 - 50 users
KMS3 6.7.2: Xserve 10.5.8 - 10 users/MX BackUp
KMS4 Beta: Xserve 10.5.8 - MX BackUp2
iPhone/WindowsMobile/Blackberry/Nokia

KWF Beta: HP DL380 on ESXi 4.0 - 60 users
  •  
Yohann94

I see what you are talking about. But in my case, it's not really a syncrhonization that I want to do, but a replication of the public folder of the master server to the slave server. I won't add a contact to the slave server other by adding it on the master server.
But I understand your pain about syncrhonization. That's right that Kerio should do somehing about it. Perhaps they could add a way to use a external GAL (global Access List) for public folders ?
  •  
anthony.somerset

i need something sort of similar

2 companies both using KMS 6.6.2 company A wants to see company B public folders and vice-versa is there a way of doing cross-server delegation that would solve this?

Mac Xserve Intel - 2x 2.7GHz Dual Core Xeon
Leopard 10.5.8
4GB Ram
1.25 TB HDD Raid 5
Kerio 6.7.1
~60 Users (varying windows and mac Exchange or IMAP)
18 iPhones
  •  
altivec

Then just get any software that backup/clone data it will work.

Server1:
Let's says the contact folder is call "Contact Sahre"

Server2:
Create the same contact folder, same name and leave it empty

Then just syncronise it should work perfectly.

I have source that confirm that Kerio is working on clustering solution... when will it be out ? Only god knows but i can't wait for it personally.

KMS1 6.7.2: Xserve 10.5.8 - 150 users
KMS2 6.7.2: Xserve 10.5.8 - 50 users
KMS3 6.7.2: Xserve 10.5.8 - 10 users/MX BackUp
KMS4 Beta: Xserve 10.5.8 - MX BackUp2
iPhone/WindowsMobile/Blackberry/Nokia

KWF Beta: HP DL380 on ESXi 4.0 - 60 users
Previous Topic: Multiple PTR records
Next Topic: HELP!!!!!! my SSL certificates have vanished…
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Sep 21 19:38:06 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00390 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.