Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » MUltiple Domains.
  •  
maas

Send a private message to this user
Hi to all . iam new to Kerio Mail Server,

i have 3 Active Directory(domains) exmaple:

AD1.com = 10.0.0.1
AD2.com = 192.168.1.100
AD3.com = 172.0.0.1

Linux Server (Kerio MAil) = 168.0.0.1

i want to combine all three Domains to this Linux server,
so everyuser from all Domains can login to the Mail server to get mail using their own Windows User/Pass ?

thank you .

Regards,

MaaS
  •  
maas

NO ONE REALLY YOU THIS ?
  •  
dsegel

What are you asking for? I have several domains defined in my Kerio server, and it accepts mail for all of them. The users are defined per domain. Are you having a specific problem?
  •  
maas

ok now,
steps are to define all Domains (Active Directory)
exmaple as i defined .

can all those users in those domains logon to my Mail server and send and check mail. using their windows Login.
example.
abc.com ( 1st Domain registered at Kerio Mail server)
xyz.com ( 2nd Domain registered at kerio mail server) .

user test1<_a.t_>abc.com logon using windows login to get mail.
user test2<_a.t_>xyz.com login using windows login to get mail. ??

if yes . what are the steps ?

i know that Kerberos is used to authenticate to ONE Domain , now what happenes if they are like 4 to 10 Domains ?

thank you .

•  
dsegel

Under Domain Configuration (near the top) you specify the Directory Service for each domain. You can have all of them pointing at the same directory service (AD) if you want, or point each at a different directory.

[Updated on: Mon, 13 April 2009 04:41]

•  
maas

yes i tried that , but usually when you go to logon to the WEb-INterface it only uses the local or may i say the primary Domain. i need all Users from all Domains to authenticate using their own windows server without adding those users to my local system ?
how is that done ? same as Single-Sign-On on Multiple platforms ?
am i clear here please , let me know

thanx
  •  
ccjwells

While I have never tried the setup you're describing, I imagine it should work. You would need to set up all the realms in the /etc/krb5.conf file and make sure that the various domains are pointed at the right AD servers in the admin console. Also, if the user is not on the primary domain they would need to login using their full email address.

•  
maas

Yes i did it already .
it works like a champ . installed like 4 2003 server's with different Domains , e.g. adc.com and xyz.com ktr.com with multiple users.

everything seem to work . but make sure that the time in all systems are the same .even a 5 min difference would give an error.

and yes the trick in in /etc/krb5.conf

Best Linux OS to test is . CENTOS .

Regards,
MaaS
Previous Topic: External accounts in groups
Next Topic: Koff and Windows 7
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 06:16:12 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00498 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.