Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Feature Request-Resource Room Update (Need greater compatibility in resource rooms)
  •  
hobson@jdk.com

Send a private message to this user
With Kerio 6.6 resource rooms were added as a feature and they have been great. However there is one feature that I would like to see added to resource rooms in the near--hopefully near--future.

iCal, Entourage, Outlook and other clients have the ability to alter a single event in a string of recurring meetings. So if you have a recurring meeting that happens every Thursday at 10 and for one week only you want to change that meeting to Tuesday, these clients allow you to make this change and send the appropriate invitation on to those invited to this meeting. One week the meeting occurs on Tuesday but the rest of the weeks have it on Thursday as originally scheduled.

Sadly, the resource room calendar managing the room where you are having this meeting in Kerio does not support this. Any change you make to a recurring meeting affects the entire string of recurring meetings, not just the one event. If you do make a change to the event, the change is reflected in the resource calendar, but the regular recurrence of this meeting has been deleted. So yes, your Thurs meeting was successfully moved to Tues but the remainder of your Thurs meetings have been deleted.

Kerio's answer to this has been either
1.) Double-book your meetings if you have a single event change, or
2.) Delete your recurring meeting, book the exception, then rebook your recurring meetings on the next day on which they are going to occur.

Neither of these are particularly satisfying as it means a whole bunch of meeting update are sent to those users invited to this meeting, often sending conflicting information (The meeting is cancelled, the meeting has changed, the meeting has been rebooked)

If the resource rooms could handle a single event change during a recurring string of events, as do support calendar clients, that would be wonderful!!!

•  
hobson@jdk.com

And yes, I know that Forums are not the deemed appropriate place to post feature requests - that they should... and this one did... go to Kerio Support.

However, when we send feature requests in to Kerio support, they go into a big black hole and we as users and administrators lose any further power to influence the direction of the groupware server on which we rely on very heavily. When we post feature requests in Forums, the community has a chance to weigh in, view and support the request--or not, it goes both ways.

But I would argue that as groupware admins supporting an alternative application like Kerio in the face of Exchange, have just as much a stake in influencing the course of Kerio Mail Server as Kerio does. Our professional reputations are on the line when we say we can deliver a working, robust solution to a company's email/calendar need. So we should get the chance, as a community, to wield as much influence as we can for bug fixes and feature requests.

That's why this was posted in Forums. Sorry for the rant.
  •  
greg_m

Hear, hear! I absolutely agree with the OP on both his original feature request and his reasons for posting it in the forum.
  •  
winkelman

I support this request. Furthermore, I think the option to create exceptions to recurring events would be very nice on Kerio in general, not just for the resource scheduling.
  •  
hbianchi

I also support this request and I can tell you that in ticket LWQ-616426 of July 2008, I requested for this feature (the possibility to modify single events,attendants, and now resources of a multipled events in a row) and they told me that this request was already "on file".
Previous Topic: Timeout accessing the Drafts folder. You may not even be aware this is happening.
Next Topic: Error log massive
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 17 18:43:55 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00436 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.