Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Can a Resource be paired with a public calendar (I would like to tie a resource to a public calendar)
  •  
jstrickland

Send a private message to this user
I have created a resource for our conference room. Currently, if a user is creating a meeting invitation, they can invite the conference room and use the scheduling tool to see if it is busy for the desired period of time. However, there is no way for someone to easily look at a calendar for the conference room to see what dates and times it has been reserved for.

To solve that issue, I created a public calendar named Conference Room. However, now the person setting up the meeting has to send an invite to the conference room resource, then manually enter the meeting into the public calendar.

Is there any way to tie the resource and public calendar together so that the accepted invite automatically enters an event into the public calendar?

I know this could be done somewhat by creating a conference room user, which would then have a private calendar that could be shared. However, this would also require going to each individual user and subscribing them to the conference room private calendar. This would prove very cumbersome in a large corporation. Also, this would require someone manually accepting meeting invitations for the conference room, as it is only resources that can have auto-accept turned on.
  •  
d.

Send a private message to this user
Hi there.

Yes, there is a way to do this. Two ways actually, that we use.

This assumes that the Resources you have setup in Kerio Mail Server Admin have been shared to allow others to see them.

1. iCal.
Go to iCal -> Preferences -> Accounts Delegation, and tick-on the resources you want to see. e.g. Conference Room

When you go back to your iCal window, you'll see an extra Delegate called Conference Room -> Calendar, which you can see all the bookings.

(To make bookings, make them in your own 'Calendar' as normal, with the resource Location of Conference Room. Then refresh the Conference Room calendar, and you'll see the booking there too. Remember, we're just trying to see what's available in the conference room calendar. You can see available time-slots, but not what the meeting is for, since you may not be invited).

2. Webmail.
Go to Kerio Web Mail, login, and then Subscribe to a shared folder.
Put in the email address of the resource. e.g. conference_room<_a.t_>yourdomain.com

You can then see the resource appointments in that calendar, on the bottom of your calendar list (below Public folders).

Two quite good options to solve your problem (correct me if I've misunderstood your prob!)

As for a Public Calendar; I think you're looking at the problem differently. Try these methods above, and see if they meet your needs. We (for example) set this up for staff, and they can show/hide whichever resources (e.g. conference room) that they want to see.

Cheers,
Derek

Previous Topic: KMS 6.6.2 and Win2008 64Bit --> Spamserver crashed
Next Topic: Directory Service and DMZ
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 04:48:40 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00388 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.