Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » mailserver reports "host not found", can telnet OK
  •  
tripper54

Send a private message to this user
Hi there,

I have a user unable to send an email to someone. The bounce message says xxxx.com:Failed (Host not found).

This is a mailbox that she often send mail to, and has always been OK in the past.

I can nslookup the mx server for the domain from the mailserver, and telnet to the server OK on port 25.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to help with this?

Thanks
  •  
sgongola

There should be a more information than that in a bounce. Where is the message coming from (reporting MTA?): kerio or somewhere else? Maybe show all of the bounce data. You can XXX out the information you need to keep private.

Check kerio logs for messages regarding the sender/recipient. Turn on debug logs for logs >> message delivery >> smtp client and monitor for the users outgoing message.

[Updated on: Wed, 22 April 2009 14:55]

•  
subnet

Did you update any settings the past days. Trace in the mail when mails to that sender were working and when it stopped working. Do you use an smtp relay...It is always good to also check with their ICT dept. to check if their mail server is oke. I once had that...but after contacting the ICT dept of that org. they said that they have problems with their mail server.
  •  
tripper54

Hi,

Reporting MTA was Kerio. No relay SMTP. NO settings changed recently.

The problem went away later that day, so perhaps it was a problem at the receiving end. Weird that I could telnet in OK, though.

Thanks for the help.
Previous Topic: How to schedule e-mails in Kerio?
Next Topic: Multiple Email Accounts in Outlook 2007
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 15:17:04 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00419 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.