Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » ubuntu 9.04 support?
  •  
tkerns

Send a private message to this user
The release notes say that Ubuntu 8.04 is supported but nothing about 9.04. I have downloaded the install for Admin Console as a .rpm package because I can't find a .deb package.

After translating the .rpm to a .deb package with alient and installing from dpkg, the application starts but then admin console just hangs and then disappears.

Is there a fix for this somewhere or am I just doing something wrong?

*Downloaded version 6.6.0 of admin console*

All help is much appreciated!
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

The release notes have a caption (with big font) saying the document is only for upcoming KMS 6.7.0. You can download it from the beta section on Kerio website (even .deb package).

Anyway, Kerio MailServer is a server product for stable and secure environment. Because of this, only LTS versions of Ubuntu will be supported (currently only 8.04).
  •  
tkerns

Ahhh, alright then. I may try my luck in installing 6.7 but I'll probably just wait until a stable release is available for ubuntu 9.04.

Thanks pdobry!
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

I'm afraid next LTS version of Ubuntu will be in 2010 (probably 10.04).
  •  
tkerns

Again, thanks for all the help pdobry!

One last question though...would installing wine and running Kerio Admin Console in a "Windows" environment be a suitable suggestion?

I would like to continue to use Ubuntu 9.04 so I'm willing to try anything to get the admin console to work under certain circumstances.

Again, all help is appreciated!

EDIT* Just installed wine and got admin console working perfectly under Jaunty 9.04.

Thanks for all the help!

[Updated on: Tue, 28 April 2009 17:26]

Previous Topic: possible mini-bug in 6.7.0 RC1 - domain signature not in webmail
Next Topic: Lost all Outlook contacts when instsalling the Kerio connector
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 00:45:01 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00417 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.