Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Calendar folders renaming to calendar_0
  •  
axelmasok

Send a private message to this user
Hi everyone,

Mailserver 6.6.0 (on Centos Linux 5.2)
KOFF 6.6.7165

Having continuous problems with users calendars (that are shared to other users) magically renaming from Calendar to calendar_0.

To solve I am having to command line move the new Calendar folder away and rename the calendar_0 back to Calendar.

Problem is, I have to keep doing this day after day....

Will be updating to 6.6.2 tonight. Is this a know problem/issue/bug?
  •  
steven

it was a known issue in the 6.5.0 release, but profiles created with that version can cause problems later (which i occasionally experience).

i'm having a similar setup as yours, using CentOS 5.3 with KMS 6.6.1 and KOFF

in such case, i use a derived method from another post ( http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=msg&goto=57912&S =15dc38b5014c74c44a59276aa6641374&srch=remove+user+profi le#msg_57912) and this works for me.

if you don't want to take any risk, contact support on this.

- remove the user profile from the computer
- in webmail move all mail to the correct folder
- stop the mailserver
- on the server, go to the directory of that user and remove the __keriomapi__STORE folder
- remove the bad folder
- go to the good folder and open the status.fld file
- in this file, remove the GUID (eg.: G5567a505-c6c0-4d69-92d1-d834a55886ed) on the second line in my files
- restart the mailserver
- recreate the user profile

If you try this, make sure you have a backup!!

another solution is to export the entire profile to a pst file, completely remove the user profile, on the client and server and then recreate the user on the server and import the pst file again.
  •  
axelmasok

This is very disturbing but I am glad you have pointed it out.
Looks like we have alot of work to do and the confidence in Kerio MS will be hitting a record low.
Thanks for the post and the suggestions. Hopefully we can salvage our 40 accounts.
  •  
steven

This is indeed not good for the confidence in a product.
In the beginning of version 6.5.0, we have had serious problems with this, but now this only happens occasionally to a computer that has had the initial 6.5.0 version of KOFF and that hasn't been fixed since then because it never has had the problem.

Even with this problem from the past, i'm very happy with KMS.
  •  
axelmasok

Hi again Steven, if you don't mind offering a little more help, I am trying to revive our senior manager's Calendar as we speak. I moved the new empty Calendar away and renamed calendar_0 to Calendar. But this time unfortunately the appointments in there don't display. I am not familiar yet with the format of the Calendar folder but it looks like the appointments are still in there (#msgs). Is there any nice way to repair/reset this Calendar?
Thanks
  •  
ChadV

We had this problem with our public Contacts folder. (I renamed it, something did not like it.)

The solution was to stop the Kerio Mailserver, then re-name the folder. Rename the index.fld in the folder to index.bad.

Then any users who have access to that folder should have their local cache reset before re-opening outlook.

That should solve the issue. (Assuming I did not forget a step.)

[Updated on: Wed, 29 April 2009 16:08]

•  
ChadV

axelmasok wrote on Wed, 29 April 2009 15:48

Hi again Steven, if you don't mind offering a little more help, I am trying to revive our senior manager's Calendar as we speak. I moved the new empty Calendar away and renamed calendar_0 to Calendar. But this time unfortunately the appointments in there don't display. I am not familiar yet with the format of the Calendar folder but it looks like the appointments are still in there (#msgs). Is there any nice way to repair/reset this Calendar?
Thanks

Re-naming index.fld to index.bad forces a re-index of the folder. However, if things are marked private and the user got screwed up, I'm not sure how to fix that with calendar events.
  •  
axelmasok

Good stuff Chad, I renamed all the fld files in there and it looks like the items have shown up. Appreciate the help! I may not get fired after all! Smile
  •  
steven

renaming the index.fld file was also the first thing on my mind.

hope this gives you a permanent solution for your problem.

in my company they complain about slowness on older hardware (Pentium 4 <_a.t_> 3 Ghz)
i think that's quite normal using new software on 4 year old hardware.

fortunately, i'm working as an ict administrator in a local government and they don't fire people that easily Razz
  •  
axelmasok

Just updating this thread.
The upgrade of the KMS was unnecessary because it was already running the latest version. I was running 6.6.0 of the admin console (doh).
So in summary, we probably initially installed 6.6.0 or 6.6.1 then created all the accounts. Soon after upgraded to 6.6.2 and as soon as we started to roll out KOC the problem popped up.
I will try and raise a support ticket and if I am left to my own devices will try the options outlined above by other posters.
  •  
axelmasok

Update.
So I had some interaction with support.
The focus was disabling plugins and anti-virus programs.
Anyway, I have created this one liner to put in cron to run every 15 min or so. I'll get an email if someones calendar goes wacky.
Until it magically stops happening I'll have to manualy keep fixing our user's calendars.

find /opt -iname '*_0' | ( read line; test -z "$line" && exit 0; ( echo -e "Somefiles were found:\n$line" ; cat) | mailx -s "Kerio Mailserver has decided to stuff with a user's calendar again - please attend" am<_a.t_>myemail.com.au)

Regards
  •  
axelmasok

Update:
My script is working.
So far it keeps happening to one of my users in particular. I have discovered that the phenomenon occurs when he plugs his iPhone into his laptop to charge. I think from what he tells me iTunes sync occurs and bingo.
Will have to look further into it. Could there be a folder conflict/problem when sync with Outlook-iPhone occurs?
Previous Topic: timeout receiving emails with attachments (lost: (11) Resource temporarily unavailable)
Next Topic: Central Admin for all domains
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 15:25:49 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00556 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.