Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » IMPORTANT: Service Pack 2 for MS Outlook 2007
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Important notice

Microsoft has just released a new Service Pack 2 for Microsoft Office 2007 (KB953195).
Kerio is working on a full compatibility test of Kerio Outlook Connector and SP2.
Some issues related to this update have been reported by our users and we are investigating more details.

Service Pack 2 is not currently officially supported by Kerio Outlook Connector 6.6.2 and older.

Installing this update on Microsoft Outlook 2007 with Kerio Outlook Connector (both offline and online version) may cause Outlook instability with these versions of Kerio Outlook Connnector.

We recommend to all customers to upgrade to KMS 6.6.2 patch 2. More info: http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=msg&th=14663&sta rt=0#msg_61252

Thank you.

[Updated on: Wed, 09 March 2011 22:39]

•  
orthodyne

can you say how can i delay this update on my domaine ?

sometime Microsoft give setup for delay update (for Windows XP sp3 or IE7)
  •  
sedell

Use WSUS to deploy updates. That gives you the control to choose what updates get deployed and when. You can also see if you have machines failing to update.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/wsus/default.aspx

Scott
  •  
gjanssen

We use Office 2007 SP1 with Kerio Offline.
Starting up Outlook takes a lot of time: more then 1 minute.
Average time for users with 2000 e-mailitems in Inbox, Sent items, etc. is 85 seconds before Outlook 2007 is workable.

So my expectations of this servicepack 2 are very high.

Hopefully Kerio can fix the issues so we get a faster Outlook/KOFF combination!

Regards,
G. Janssen
The Netherlands
120 Kerio Mailserver users
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

gjanssen wrote on Wed, 29 April 2009 16:51

We use Office 2007 SP1 with Kerio Offline.
Starting up Outlook takes a lot of time: more then 1 minute.
Average time for users with 2000 e-mailitems in Inbox, Sent items, etc. is 85 seconds before Outlook 2007 is workable.

So my expectations of this servicepack 2 are very high.

Hopefully Kerio can fix the issues so we get a faster Outlook/KOFF combination!

I'm not sure if SP2 can fix it. Frankly, 85 seconds is too much. Outlook startup tim usually depends on RAM size and CPU power.
On my test machine (C2D, 1GB RAM in VMware) Outlook 2007 with 38000 emails (more than 6000 in Inbox, sent and deleted items) starts in 9-15 seconds to fully workable state.
We've noticed that first Outlook start in the day (after computer start or wake up) takes much more time because Windows system is overloaded by automatic update service started on first login.
  •  
altivec

I have user with about 6 to 10Go worth of e-mail with Kerio Connector

Outlook 2007 SP1 and all other update without the 42 and 83 update which cause issue and Outlook take a good 30-60 second to launch.

Note that we either have HP xw4400 or xw4600

Which are C2D Dual or Quad Core and all with 4Go of RAM.

Server is a Xserve Intel (1st gen) with 12Go of RAM and 2gbit ethernet all 1gbit network, WAN have SDSL+ADSL (4Mo UP/20Mo DOWN).

I have other users in Morroco with HP EliteBook 6930p (C2D with 4Go RAM) Outlook keep on crashing all the time (no SSL and Compression) and take about 1-2 minute to launch (about 8Go of emails)

[Updated on: Thu, 30 April 2009 21:04]

KMS1 6.7.2: Xserve 10.5.8 - 150 users
KMS2 6.7.2: Xserve 10.5.8 - 50 users
KMS3 6.7.2: Xserve 10.5.8 - 10 users/MX BackUp
KMS4 Beta: Xserve 10.5.8 - MX BackUp2
iPhone/WindowsMobile/Blackberry/Nokia

KWF Beta: HP DL380 on ESXi 4.0 - 60 users
  •  
jaikudo

sedell wrote on Wed, 29 April 2009 14:58

Use WSUS to deploy updates. That gives you the control to choose what updates get deployed and when. You can also see if you have machines failing to update.

Yes. This is the by far best way to keep things under your control in a Windows domain. The only thing I would add is that I am pretty sure that the default behaviour is to approve new updates automatically. This is not what you want. Set it to manual approval and make sure to subscribe to the Microsoft's email notifications of updates so you know when you need to check for updates that need approval. Normally it is the second Tuesday of each month but sometimes there are extra ones due to very serious faults needing to be fixed immediately.

I normally approve patches without too much hesitation but hang back on service packs until I am sure that they are OK. We also have a few users who won't load updates voluntarily so the ability to set an installation deadline is very useful.

[Updated on: Fri, 01 May 2009 11:43]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

An update is available for all customers using KMS 6.6.2. The update is adding support for Microsoft Office 2007 Service Pack 2.

See http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=msg&th=14663&sta rt=0
  •  
duric74

I have the same problem. KMS 6.6.1 version.
Downloaded the patch suggest but Outlook 2007 SP2 hangs every time opening.
Very boring and frustrating. I am a mobile user and the KOFF is necessary as the SP is.
Do you think to develop a patch that could solve the problems?
Kind Regards.
  •  
ChadV

You need to upgrade to KMS 6.6.2-1 or 6.7.0-1

Then 2k7 SP2 should work fine.
  •  
revmark

I am at 670 patch 1 with this issue. How do I go back.
  •  
revmark

Why is it then that on some of my machines I am having the issue of public calendar showing up empty and other is fine:

Some machines are (some working some not:
Vista
Office SP2
KOFF 6.7.0 P1

Some Machines (some working some not):
Vista
Office SP1
KOC 6.7.0 P1

One Machine: (only one and is working)
XP SP3
Office SP2
KOC 6.7.0 P1

One Windows 7 Beta (VMWare on OS X 10.4)
Windows 7 Beta
Office 2007 Original
KOFF 6.7.0 P1

All Machines are Dells Except VMWare

Currently running updates on Windows 7 include Office 2007 SP2. Will update this post when done.
  •  
Lyle M

I've been holding off on most updates over the last several months for a variety of reasons. It looks like it's time to jump to 6.7.1 (currently on 6.6.2).

Before I do this, I'm hoping to get some clarification on Outlook 2007 SP1 vs. SP2 in relation to the two evil MS patches, KB946983 and KB952142. Does anyone know if an SP2 install will overwrite any instances of KB946983 and KB952142? Or, will I have to tell our people to look for and remove the naughty security updates (before or after the SP2 install)? Any details are appreciated.

Forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere. My attempts to locate this detail on these forums came up empty.

Cheers,
Lyle

[Updated on: Tue, 15 December 2009 14:38]

Previous Topic: Kerio Mail Server on Slow Leopard Server
Next Topic: Kerio LDAP Server, full DN for ldapsearch ?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 09:32:23 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00519 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.