Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » kms 6.6.2, iPhone and subscribed calendars
  •  
indigospring

Send a private message to this user
Following a recent office move and upgrade from Kerio Mail Server 6.6.1 to 6.6.2 all the iPhone users at one of my sites have reported that they can no longer see subscribed calendars on their phones - only their own.

They can still see other users calendars in iCal, and using Kerio Webmail.

Is this a deliberate change in KMS 6.6.2? If so it seems a major step backwards. Or is this a symptom of something else?

I have tried

1) unsubscribing and resubscribing to the calendars using webmail
2) removing the mobile device using Kerio Administration Console to force a full resync
3) turning over-the-air calendar syncing off and on again on the iPhones

None of these have brought the calendars back.

Do I need to downgrade to 6.6.1 to keep these users happy? I'd rather not be trading off security and other new features against this one important feature.

•  
My IT Indy

They tested the delegated calendar with Activesync but then revoked that feature somewhere along the line. Now, v3.0 of the iPhone software will support caldav (mentioned in the keynote so no NDA is being violated) so theoretically you should be able to see calendars via caldav.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
indigospring

HoosierMac wrote on Mon, 04 May 2009 02:13

They tested the delegated calendar with Activesync but then revoked that feature somewhere along the line.

It's worked for every version from 6.5.something through to 6.6.2 and I see nothing in the changelog for 6.6.2 patch 2 about ActiveSync behaviour being changed. I'm going to try reverting to 6.6.2 for now. I have some very unhappy users who have been used to scheduling meetings whilst out and about and are now having to wait until they can get back to their laptops to see when their colleagues are free.

I knew the Public calendar didn't work, but other users subscribed calendars definitely have worked for the last year or so.

Quote:

Now, v3.0 of the iPhone software will support caldav (mentioned in the keynote so no NDA is being violated) so theoretically you should be able to see calendars via caldav.

You mean set up an Exchange account on the iPhone for mail + contacts, then a separate CalDAV account for calendars? That's twice as much configuration per user...

If Snow Leopard Server integrates as well with iPhone OS 3.0 as it looks like it will (CalDAV, CardDAV, LDAP, push email), then I'm not sure I see a place for Kerio any more. Am I missing something?

[Updated on: Wed, 06 May 2009 00:32]

•  
My IT Indy

Snow Leopard looks decent, but probably won't be cross-platform. Where's the Outlook plugin? It will work with the iPhone but it probably won't be auto-configuring either, you will have to go through the same caldav setup as with Kerio.

The iPhone doesn't support calendar delegation, either with Exchange or Kerio. It's a limitation of the iPhone itself.

-
My IT Indy
  •  
indigospring

HoosierMac wrote on Wed, 06 May 2009 00:21

Snow Leopard looks decent, but probably won't be cross-platform. Where's the Outlook plugin?

That's not an issue for any of my clients, but is a good question. I had thought that I'd seen Outlook mentioned somewhere, but can't find that any more.

Quote:

It will work with the iPhone but it probably won't be auto-configuring either, you will have to go through the same caldav setup as with Kerio.

Hopefully the Configuration Utility will be updated so this can be automated

http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/enterprise/

Quote:

The iPhone doesn't support calendar delegation, either with Exchange or Kerio. It's a limitation of the iPhone itself.

I don't understand this. Are you saying my clients have imagined being able to see each others calendars for the last year they have been using Kerio? It is only after updating KMS to 6.6.2 patch 2 that they lost the ability to see subscribed calendars on their iPhones.
  •  
My IT Indy

[quote title=indigospring wrote on Tue, 05 May 2009 19:55]
HoosierMac wrote on Wed, 06 May 2009 00:21

I don't understand this. Are you saying my clients have imagined being able to see each others calendars for the last year they have been using Kerio? It is only after updating KMS to 6.6.2 patch 2 that they lost the ability to see subscribed calendars on their iPhones.

Nope, they didn't imagine anything. I saw it myself on both my company's server, and my hosted servers until it "went away" with v6.6. Kerio's position is that Activesync doesn't officially support delegated calendars, so they removed the feature from KMS.

Here's a thread with more info:

http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=msg&goto=57084&S =68de3fcdb8c0304ba3c0380cc874098c

-
My IT Indy
  •  
indigospring

HoosierMac wrote on Wed, 06 May 2009 01:27

Here's a thread with more info:

http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=msg&goto=57084&S =68de3fcdb8c0304ba3c0380cc874098c

So, it worked with KMS 6.5.x, was officially disabled with 6.6.x, but continued to work for any users who had set up subscribed calendars before the server upgrade?

I really need to get this back - how far back do I need to downgrade before upgrading again to 6.6.2? And what other problems should I expect to have to fix after downgrading?
Previous Topic: Kerio Online Configurator
Next Topic: Licensing Issue
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 17:54:15 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00415 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.