Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Bulk Remove Addresses From Mailing List (Is it possible to bulk remove email addresses from mailing lists?)
  •  
Will Mayall

Send a private message to this user
I have over 1,000 email addresses I'd like to remove from a mailing list. Is there any way to do this other than one-by-one?

Thanks,

Will Mayall
  •  
Will Mayall

From the lack of a response I assume the answer is no.
  •  
d.

Hi there.

Sometimes it takes folks a little time to find your message Smile.

To answer your question, try this:

• Go to your Kerio Mail Server
  • Stop your mail server
  • Make a backup of your configuration files etc. (no responsibility taken if you nuff this up)
  • Locate your Kerio folder.
  • For the specific path, go to your equivalent of:
    kerio -> mailserver -> store -> lists -> (domain) -> (list name)
  • Modify the 'members' file for the particular mailing list and save the file again
  • Start your KMS up again

I'd recommend testing this on a smaller, test list, before trying on your real list.

Hope this helps,
D.

•  
Will Mayall

Fantastic, thanks! Although it does not sound like the most convenient process, it will sure be better than doing it one-by-one.

Will Mayall
  •  
d.

Hi Will.

Feel free to let us know if it does the trick. There could be a tricky check-sum or similar in there, that doesn't let this method work for you
(you know, like a DNS checksum or similar).

But certainly seems to be a logical (albeit inconvenient) way to do it Smile.

Cheers,
Derek

•  
Will Mayall

Well, it wasn't even too inconvenient. I took a relatively risky approach and did not shut down the server. My thinking is there is no reason for this file to be open, cached, checksummed, etc. It's a simple text file that probably simply gets read when it is needed. Of course, I could be wrong. Smile

My steps:

1. Backup the members file.
2. Edit a copy of the members file. (Note the blank line at the end of the file.)
3. Replace file on server with edited copy.
4. Confirm/update file permissions.
5. Open the list of members in the Admin program.
6. Make small change in list of members to force the admin to save the file again.

Perhaps the last 2 steps are not needed but I figure this way the server properly read the file and then saved it.

OK, I know it would have been safer to shutdown/restart the server...

In any case, thanks.

Will Mayall
  •  
d.

Excellent. Glad to hear the feedback!
Cheers,
Derek

Previous Topic: Blackberry local cable sync ?
Next Topic: Directory Utility port number
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 07:41:42 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00504 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.