Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » iPhone in exchange mode, mail getting "stuck"
  •  
tiredofnick

Send a private message to this user
This happens very often, KMS support didn't have a real answer so I'm hitting the forums to see if anyone else has this problem.

Basically we will have a bunch of iPhone users that all have their phones set up in exchange mode. The phone will eventually get "stuck" and they won't be able to receive new messages, and often if they try and send a message the phone will send it multiple times.

Support told us to fix this by deleting the device from the admin console (which usually crashes when trying to do this), or by deleting the users sync key from the /#sync/ folder in their user directory on the KMS server. While this works, it is time consuming and often requires a reboot of the KMS service, which causes a moment of downtime (which isn't terrible, but is really really really annoying and generally unacceptable because it is unplanned downtime period).

Needless to say I am extremely frustrated. Anyone else having this problem??

I'm running KMS 6.6.2 on a Linux box. all iphones have the latest updates and are fully patched.
  •  
p0ddie

turn on activesync logging in the console and look for any suspicious activesync errors.

Also, make sure your router/firewall keeps idle connections open for 30mins (1800 secs), this sometimes has an influence on the general reliability of ActiveSync in the iPhone (not just push mail).
  •  
cwachs

I am forced to hard reboot my iPhone 2 or 3 times a week to fix this problem. Other users have it as well that also use Exchange to talk to Kerio. I think it is an iPhone problem but I don't have any data to support that one way or the other. I get the situation also where if I try to access any mailbox other than INBOX from the iPhone, i get an almost immediate error message on the iPhone telling me it can not connect and then I have to hard reset the phone before any further mail will work.

I'm beginning to think the active sync on the iPhone is crap since this never happens to the Palm or WinMo devices that active sync into Kerio.

-----------
Server installation:
Kerio Connect 7.1
OS X Server 10.5.8
Apple G4 X Serve
  •  
mpermann

Do you have only your Kerio mail account setup on your iPhone? I personally don't have this problem with my 1st gen iPhone. I have a fully patched stock (non-jailbreaked phone only a handful of apps) that has 4 e-mail accounts setup. GMail (via IMAP), Yahoo, MobileMe and my work Kerio (via activesync) and I have never had to hard reset my phone because of stuck mail. I have seen it say it couldn't contact the mail server if I was somewhere with a poor cell signal. It just always reconnected to the mail servers after it got a better Edge connection. You may have some corruption in your iPhone OS software. You might want to consider restoring it back to factory defaults then setting up just your Kerio e-mail and testing for a while. If you still have problems you might want to verify that ActiveSync works off network using a desktop client to eliminate possible firewall config issues. I hope you get your phone working properly.
Mike
Previous Topic: SyncML & Funambol
Next Topic: RAM needed for Kerio Mail Server
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 09:49:00 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00397 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.