Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » URL matching by regular expression
  •  
momo

Send a private message to this user
Is there any way to use a regular expression on URLs for Time-to-Live?

I want to override the server TTL, but only for static GIF/JPG/SWF/etc files.
URL = "*.GIF" causes trouble, I want to exclude &, ? and = from the wildcard.

ie (in Proxomitron) [^\&\?\=]++.(GIF|JPG|etc)
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

momo wrote on Fri, 16 April 2004 01:57

Is there any way to use a regular expression on URLs for Time-to-Live?

I want to override the server TTL, but only for static GIF/JPG/SWF/etc files.
URL = "*.GIF" causes trouble, I want to exclude &, ? and = from the wildcard.

ie (in Proxomitron) [^\&\?\=]++.(GIF|JPG|etc)

You can use only wildcards expression (with * and ?).
Dynamic objects (with ? in URL) are not stored in cache at all by default.

[Updated on: Fri, 16 April 2004 08:44]

•  
momo

Maybe I didn't understand how it works.

"URL specific settings" doesn't seem to override "Use server supplied Time-To-Live".

What I want is:

- dynamic object, NOT CACHED (OK, works)

- object is a GIF/JPG/etc: disregard the server-given TTL, SET IT TO X DAYS (ignored?)

- object does not specify TTL, SET IT TO X DAYS (OK, works)
  •  
momo

No answer. I guess what I need is not currently supported. Would you please consider it as a feature request?

Again: in the "URL specific settings" dialog, I want a checkbox for every item that tells KWF if it should override "Use server supplied Time-To-Live".

Thanks.

BTW, (still trying KWF, not in production; W2k, RAS-PPPoE) I'm noticing a weird thing: when the ADSL modem looses its connection and changes IP, *sometimes* it will not route anything else to/from the LAN after recovering. Every time it happened I had UDP traffic going on on the LAN (that should be ignored by KWF), mostly broadcasts.

Speaking of 255.255.255.255... I had to add a rule so it ignores all UDP traffic with port > 1024, or it becomes sluggish after a few hours of LAN Counterstrike, with many messages like the following:

[datetime] (3003) Connection limit of 600 connections reached for host 192.168.x.y.
[datetime] Last message repeated 15058 times

(KWF should not be tracking that traffic: it's internal)
Previous Topic: Console error when running WinRoute and MailServer
Next Topic: Winroute Firewall 5.1.10
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 04:41:02 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00359 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.