Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Mailserver 6.7.0 Experiences
  •  
Will Mayall

Send a private message to this user
This morning, I updated two Kerio Mail Servers to 6.7.0 running on Mac OS X. The update process was very smooth (as usual) with no obvious issues. Both server started properly after installing the update.

So far, no issues.

How has your update gone?

Will Mayall

[Updated on: Wed, 13 May 2009 00:14]

•  
monsterfreecity

We can only update KMS safely if all clients are quit first -- is this standard operating procedure for everyone else?

If we don't, we run the highly-repeatable risk of clients losing visibility of large chunks of their Inbox and having to re-index them to get it back. The problem seems to be most common on clients with stupidly large Inboxes, say north of 10K messages.

Needless to say, this is a real pisser for the admin (me), since I have machines in three time zones -- I have to wait till everyone has physically left all the offices, issue a logout or kill command, then update the server...

I'm sure I'm missing something. Anyone?
  •  
Will Mayall

I've been updating KMS for many versions and have never seen an issue like this. I can't think of any reason why you should need to quit clients first. I've got many clients with over 10k messages in Inboxes.

With what type of email client and connection do you see the issue?

Will Mayall
  •  
monsterfreecity

We have about a hundred folks using Mail.app running on either 10.4 or 10.5, and then perhaps fifteen Entourage clients, and around ten Outlook 2003 clients.

The problem has occurred since the early KMS 6.x releases on both Mail.app and Entourage. Hasn't hit Outlook that I've heard of, but one of the biggest issues is that the user needs to notice that it's happened and open a ticket... I'm not sure that's happened in every case, in fact I very much doubt it.

The issue has survived three different server computers and three different RAIDs, as well.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 May 2009 18:49]

•  
Will Mayall

Your issue should probably be in another thread since it is not specific to KMS 6.7.
  •  
sedell

The server itself seems stable and seems to be working rather smoothly. I'm having a bunch of problems with the new GAL, though. It seems to be somewhat broken at the moment. I don't know how much of it is specific to the Active Directory integration though.

First issue is users with multiple addresses have all of the addresses added to the GAL, something we don't want, have no way to control, and is causing problems in our setup.

Users with multiple addresses have some of those addresses added twice to the user in the GAL. The additional address just gets added back during the LDAP refresh if deleted.

I have some groups multiplying in the GAL. Remove the publish checkbox, delete all of the duplicates, and republish the group causes it to be added during the first LDAP refresh, then again during each LDAP refresh after. They just keep building up.

Groups are added to the GAL with the group name as the primary address. If you have a group called "All Users" with an address of everyone<_a.t_>domain.com, it gets published as "All Users<_a.t_>domain.com" as the primary address, then everyone<_a.t_>domain.com as the secondary. Now you've got non-existent e-mail address as the primary, which isn't even a valid address format. This only seems to affect webmail.

Groups show up in Outlook/KOFF with no group name, but they have a group name in Webmail.

I haven't had any issues at all with the rest of the server, but the GAL is making up for it.

Scott
  •  
stripecat

Ok, the upgrade itself worked flawlessly. The server is very stable but I'm not so sure about the KOFF plugin. I initially had some problems that was due to a failing reverse proxy, but after I fixed that the new KOFF plugin still seems unstable.

On a Windows Vista x86 Ultimate workstation with Office 2007 SP2 the plugin works but KOFF frequently goes into offline mode. I often get errors when I open mails in custom folders saying that I have only downloaded the header. If I close Outlook and reopen it the troublesome mail and other mails in the same folder can be opened. The problem reappears after a while but then with other mails. Outlook also takes over 30 seconds to start. All those behaviors are new.

Another Vista x86 Home Premium with Office 2007 SP1 totally failed and I had to rebuild the profile.

A third Windows XP with Office 2003 SP3 works but complains about a switch between domain and global public folders.

The rest of the services (IMAP, POP3, Webmail) works very well indeed.
  •  
Kerio_mrusek

GAL problems:

> "Groups show up in Outlook/KOFF with no group name, but they have a group name in Webmail."

This bug will be fixed in 6.7.1 and above.

Other issues as you mentioned I can not reproduce. It seems to be caused by previous beta versions. I recommend you contact our support team or clear your GAL public contact folder or folders (depend on your domain public folder settings). GAL should create a valid set of public contacts automatically during next synchronization.
  •  
sedell

I didn't run any beta versions. This was a straight upgrade from 6.6.2 to 6.7.0. I'm in contact with support and have been since I first noticed these issues.

Scott
  •  
sgongola

With each kerio update, we always have a few users that fail to update their KOC. They get the update windows box, click to proceed and it hangs. We have to manually download KOC install file, run it.
  •  
Kerio_mrusek

Scott, is it possible to send me following from the server?
- configuration files mailserver.cfg and users.cfg
- ldapmap/gal_xxx.map files
- public contact folder from message store directory
  •  
hbianchi

Upgrade was ok, as usual, and just in about 10 minutes, server was updated (Windows 2003 server with 680 users).

Concern is about Contacts List. New release generated a Contact Folder in an automatic way, no matter this folder exists. It creates a new one, but it do not set the new folder checklist in "folders to look for contacts" configuration. So, autocomplete or autocheck of users fails until you check the checklist again.

Another thing is that we have lost the ability to choose who is to be published and who is not. So, many "service" users appear in the Contact List.

I thank this feature should be reviewed: publishing can be automatic by default, but we must have the possibility not to publish a user.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

hbianchi wrote on Thu, 14 May 2009 18:33

Another thing is that we have lost the ability to choose who is to be published and who is not. So, many "service" users appear in the Contact List.

Please look again at the window in user edit. There is a checkbox "Publish contact in GAL" for every user/group.
  •  
ChadV

WRT the Outlook connector, we've had to downgrade everyone to "User" instead of "Power User" on our workstations due to gross negligence allowing several trojans on our network...

What's the best way to push the updated KOFF when the user does not have permissions to install the upgrade themselves?
sedell

Everyone should be a restricted user on the machines for security purposes any how. KOFF should automatically update to the latest version the first time it connects after a server upgrade. It doesn't require any elevated privileges to run.

Scott
Previous Topic: New user can't login
Next Topic: Spam Attack
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 09:54:07 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00488 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.