Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Ghost Corporate Edition
  •  
DonChino

Send a private message to this user
Haha, as you can tell I am running WinRoute through the obstacle course, but this thing has to be able to hold up in a real corporate environment. Definitely, not ready for the BIG leagues but VERY nice for a small SOHO type deal but anyway I am now running WinRoute through GhostCast Server and NO GO... Crying or Very Sad

So has anyone else gotten Ghost Corporate Edition to run a GhostCast server pull or push with WinRoute installed on the gateway? The client receives the START message from the Ghost Console and reboots with the Virtual Partition but from there on it runs in DOS mode with packet drivers.

I am assuming that WinRoute does not recognize these packets and I have to create some definition but has anyone already gotten this to work? Traffice rule?

By the way, if you TURN OFF the WinRoute firewall, Ghost runs and operates PERFECTLY but kind of defeats the purpose if WinRoute prevents you from doing normal Corporate LAN work. Mad

•  
spockboy

I don't know about this problem in particular, but I do know that the GhostCast server will not work properly with multiple interfaces (or a ppp interface).

There is no workaround for this.
  •  
DonChino

*egg* Wrong...

Anyway, I have Windows 2003 Server with TWO Linksys LNE100TX cards, one facing the world, the other facing inside, and I have RASPPPoE running for my ADSL connection.

I run Ghost Corporate for 15 machines on the LAN and they replicate, clone, backup, and do everything perfectly UNDER ISA Server. I switched to Kerio and now clients cannot communicate with GhostCast Server so obviously a rule has to be created or something in Kerio is blocking the packet message. I use NDIS Packet drivers for the Linksys cards and when I shut off Kerio, everything works fine.

So GhostCast server DOES work with two cards on the server with a PPPoE interface, but maybe you are thinking about the CLIENTS... Clients cannot be handled correctly if they have multiple interfaces, but servers work fine with 1 ,2, 3, 4, interfaces... Try it, you will see...

Reason for this is that the server pings client to push or pull image but if there are multiple cards then it does not know which one is which. Wish they could fix this... Sad Even if they are different brands, drivers grab the wrong card since I tried this also with an Intel and Linksys card...

Anyway, someone get GHOST working THROUGH Kerio?!?!

Help? Ideas? Impossible?

[Updated on: Sun, 18 April 2004 03:30]

Previous Topic: wrdrv.sys causes DHCP slowdown on boot
Next Topic: 2 NICs for internet and 2 NICs for internal network
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 06:41:51 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00333 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.