Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Contact Custom Fields (custom fields made in address book translation to kerio)
  •  
bikingman82

Send a private message to this user
Is there a way to create custom fields on the Kerio Server side for contacts? When using address book you can create a custom field for say an extra phone number and call that field "France Phone Number" but when it syncs with Kerio it just puts it into the "Other" field. Is there a way to get the name of the field to sync also? or a way to add to the short list of field options for phone numbers in the Kerio server?
  •  
THoffmann

I need also a solution for this.

•  
chris.dixon

Did anyone get an answer to this?

I have the same problem, that I have custom contact fields on my iPhone that sync OK to the Mac Address Book (manually), but the Mac Address Book to Kerio sync then loses the custom field names which just become 'other'. Worse still is that when the contacts are pushed to my iPad, the 'other' fields are gone completely.

Kerio 7.0.2

(edit - correction)

[Updated on: Mon, 14 June 2010 18:31]

•  
chris.dixon

There appears to be a problem within Kerio Connect's webmail interface related to this:

One of the contact fields which are present by default on the iPhone/Mac address book is a phone number field called 'main' (alongside others called 'mobile', 'work', 'home' etc). This gets synced to Kerio as 'Primary' which is logical enough, but this is then only viewable in the web interface in the Address Cards view of your contacts. It doesn't appear in the Phone Book view no matter which columns you turn on, or even in the Edit Contact view.

It therefore appears that Kerio is only pushing Contacts with the fields present in the Phone Book view, and is NOT sending out the full info from the Address Cards view.
  •  
Connect

How do get this added as feature request? as loads of Kerio users are Mac based?
  •  
Connect

How do we get this added as feature request, the custom field are very important in the corporate and SME fields
  •  
pbloom

I am also having the same problem. Thought I needed to do it using CSV but still same result. Too many contacts to fix one at a time. HELP
Previous Topic: Mobile Device Security Policies
Next Topic: Push calendar in Outlook 2007
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 20:45:39 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00401 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.