Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Migration
  •  
kmaybury

Send a private message to this user
I am trying to migrate from an Apple Mail Server 10.5.6 to KMS 6.7. The only snag I have is that KMS 6.7 has been installed on the same machine as the Apple Mail Server. Is it possible to do a migrate in place or do I need to set up another separate server. I've tried changing the port number but the migration utility (KIMT) insists on using port 143 and it doesn't seem to support Apple Mail Server's username policy.

Can anyone help?
  •  
wraa

Hi how many user are we talking about ?

Peter Wraa
  •  
My IT Indy

Back in the day I used imapcopy to migrate email from a partially borked OS X Server mail server to KMS. It worked great. It's a Windows app.

Also, you might consider setting up a virtual IP and then binding KMS to that for the migration. That should work.

[Updated on: Wed, 20 May 2009 00:37]

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
kmaybury

Less than 10 but their mailboxes are rather large. Some are about 4Gb!
  •  
wraa

OK only 10 user , then i will make some local mail boxes on the users email account than copy indbox/outbox to lokal folder , than stop apple mail , install kerio make user
connect to the new server than copy all back 4GB about 1 hour

peter
  •  
My IT Indy

You can use mail.app's Archive feature if you want to go that route. I think you have to archive each email folder individually however.

-
My IT Indy
  •  
kmaybury

Thanks for you reply. I did do this to begin with but it's like trying to shoot at a moving target because by the time I have finished they've added more to the mailbox. I suppose I will have to schedule some mail downtime to allow me to complete the project.
  •  
My IT Indy

I *HIGHLY* recommend stopping email traffic before attempting this migration. Early Saturday mornings are great for this.

-
My IT Indy
  •  
kmaybury

Thanks I will bear that it mind. However, they do have a large number of mailboxes or folders within each account so it would be a bit painstaking doing it that way.
  •  
My IT Indy

That's why there are tools like imapcopy which work great for this. Shut off the firewall/router ports for inbound email, run imapcopy (or imapsync, or KIMT) and when it's done shut down Apple's mailserver. Open ports on firewall/router and email should start flowing again.

even with large mailboxes, copying mail locally won't take too long.

-
My IT Indy
Previous Topic: Archiving function in Outlook with KOC Offline
Next Topic: public folder
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 00:39:38 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00497 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.