Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Multiple domains
  •  
zebby

Send a private message to this user
So we're still trialling Kerio and we're now 95% certain that it's the one for us but I have a of query...

Our setup will be:

1 AD Domain = abc.loc

1st mail domain = def.com using AD connector
2nd mail domain = ghi.com using AD connector
3rd mail domain = klm.com using Kerio internal user database

Will this work OK? Are there any 'gotchas' I should be looking out for? Is there something I've missed I need to consider?

•  
sedell

A mail domain is a 1 to 1 relationship with the AD domain. You can't have two mail domains using the same AD domain for authentication. There's no way to distinguish which mail domain is authenticating, or which mail domain a user account is active for.

Scott
  •  
Lisa Lyons (Kerio)

Unless you alias domain 2 to domain 1.

IE configure your domains and in the definition of domain 1 put in domain 2.

All users will be in both domains, with exactly the same setup, plus it will count only as one message store for both domains, and a single user in both domains only counts as a single user in your license.

It is just the email domain that differs.
  •  
zebby

I'm not sure the alias will work as I don't want to create one user in two domains. Am I misunderstanding how the alias works?

I need two separate users in two different mail domains who will log onto the one AD.

•  
renefn

Won't it work if he only imports some users in one of the mail domains and other users in the second mail domain? Then I guess that both domains can use the same AD.

There's one thing that bothers me about KMS's way of using AD and it's that the AD login name is always used as the primary email address of the users. So if a user is called jdoe in AD, then his primary email address wil be jdoe<_a.t_>example.com (if example.com was the email domain).

That's one thing to look out for...

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
  •  
zebby

Does this work? This is how I'd like to run it.

If KMS uses the login name as the primary email, how will this work with us where the login names have spaces in them? John Doe for example?
  •  
renefn

I can't guarantee that it will work, but I can't see why from my experiences... You could test it out for yourself, since it's pretty easy to install and configure on a test machine and with a couple of extra domains that you may have lying around.

The loginname is your Windows 2000 login name. You can see it in the Account tab in the users properties in Active Directory Users and Computers. It's usually just the real name without spaces if you haven't specified something else. If you have previously used Exchange and used initials as the email address, then the login name is probably already initials.

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
  •  
zebby

Well I'll give it a test! Cheers!
Previous Topic: Some Guidance please...
Next Topic: Alias, Redirect, LDAP and user email address
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 20:03:43 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.75677 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.