Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Migration to kerio (I want to moove all externaly hosted to a new in house kerio)
  •  
running

Send a private message to this user
Hello, i want to migrate my 20 users that are connection to our provider using POP to a new Kerio server.

Here is the list and order i came with and questions at each step, if you have better idea let me know

-Install server (windows and Kerio)We are going to run on a win3k 4GB 4 x 73GB RAID 10

-Configure the domaine in kerio with all options (Spam anti-virus etc)

-Activate user account by selecting them from the AD list

- Configure the necessary ports on the firewall.

- Install KOC on every clients and connect to account.

- Ask provider to change the MX to point to our IP.

- Start receiving new mail...

- Export all the local PST and import it back to Kerio.

- Delete the POP account and close the PST.

- Go to bed Smile

Anny more idea?

Thanks

[Updated on: Sat, 23 May 2009 03:45]

•  
renefn

Hi,

Just a few tips:

1. Why not use KOFF?

2. Make sure that the username in AD matches the users email addresses before the <_a.t_> or create aliases that matches the email address. Else the email will be lost when it starts entering KMS.

3. You should probably export the PST before configuring the Kerio account in Outlook. If you don't then you will end up with a few duplicate mails because mails received from KMS will also end up in the PST.

4. I some users are very dependend on Outlook rules, then you should make a note of them because they need to be recreated in their KMS account.

I think that's it. Good luck with it... I migrated 80 users (60 Outlook and 20 Entourage) from two different Exchange serves a month ago and it has mostly been a positive experience. Some users complain about that Outlook is slow, but I haven't been able to find out what the problem is.

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
  •  
ChadV

I would also, as a backup, leave the current mailserver in the MX loop (at a lower priority / higher number) and setup Kerio to POP in mails from the old mail server for a month or so to make sure that your system proves out. If, at the end of a month, you're still showing a lot of messages being received via POP, you may want to double check your network settings.
  •  
running

What if the client is not running the domain yet? Waht will be the steps after it is installed to ket it to sync with it

Thank you!
  •  
renefn

Do you mean the Internet domain og the Active Directory domain? If it's the Internet domain, then just test with some other domains that you have control over.

If it's the AD domain then just don't enter any AD information in Kerio and test with local users. When the AD is available you can enter the information and activate the users that you need. It's actually that simple.

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
Previous Topic: Kerio Mail 6.7 and Activesync over the net unread messages
Next Topic: Pop3 Download - Question
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 19:37:29 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00400 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.