Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Best practice for clone an account to another account
  •  
simone

Send a private message to this user
I have to clone an account (mail, calendars, tasks, filter) to another account.

Which is the best practice to do this?

I don't want to delete the old account, I need "only" a complete clone.

Thanks for any suggestion.

Simone
  •  
My IT Indy

Jjust duplicate the user's folder, rename it, and then add the user with the changed name. Kerio will pick up their folder automatically and you continue working.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

HoosierMac wrote on Wed, 27 May 2009 13:29

Jjust duplicate the user's folder, rename it, and then add the user with the changed name. Kerio will pick up their folder automatically and you continue working.

This may work only when you want to "rename" the user (of course if the KMS is stopped). For "cloning" the mailbox this is a bad way. It will break synchronization of all groupware clients for both users because of duplicated UIDs for folders.

If you need to copy all data from one mailbox to another. there are two safe ways:
1. Share folders of the second user to the first user. Subscribe to the shared folders in email client and copy all emails, contacts, calendar items to the second account.
2. Copy all items to private store (eg. PST file in Outlook or local email mailbox in Apple Mail). Then configure the client to use the second account and move all items from the private store to the second account on the server.
  •  
simone

HoosierMac wrote on Wed, 27 May 2009 13:29

This's method don't work. The synchronization with the Koc gives a error. Confused

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Wed, 27 May 2009 13:45

This may work only when you want to "rename" the user (of course if the KMS is stopped). For "cloning" the mailbox this is a bad way. It will break synchronization of all groupware clients for both users because of duplicated UIDs for folders.

If you need to copy all data from one mailbox to another. there are two safe ways:
1. Share folders of the second user to the first user. Subscribe to the shared folders in email client and copy all emails, contacts, calendar items to the second account.
2. Copy all items to private store (eg. PST file in Outlook or local email mailbox in Apple Mail). Then configure the client to use the second account and move all items from the private store to the second account on the server.

About rules and filters? Do I have to reconfigure all?
  •  
sfpete

And calendar data... how would you move/duplicate that?
  •  
simone

But the rules and the filters?
Previous Topic: KMS + php = sendmail problem
Next Topic: Aliases - Whats the difference?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 01:00:24 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00415 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.