Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » configuring VPN tunner with failover
  •  
giampos

Send a private message to this user
1) first option
Hello, I need an help, to configure a Vpn tunnel between 2 KWF server. Each KWF machine have two wan connection and I would implement a fail over Vpn( both active server and passive server) Wich the best configuration for u?

2) second option
I have a classic KWF vpn between 2 KWF machines (active and passive) and another hardware Vpn (router based) how can I configure the KWF machines to switch traffic to hardware Vpn when one of two KWF nodes fail?

Thanks
  •  
giampos

so? Any suggestion ??
  •  
giampos

so...no suggestion from the forum.....and the Kerio support did respond me that at the moment this fasuture is not implemented.
But I've found a solution/workaround that i wanna share.
I have registered KWF machine passive node to DYNDNS , setting up hostname.dyndns.biz,user and pwd to advanced tab.
So Kwf send active firewal public ip to hostname.dyddns.biz, when the connection change - line down etc. etc. Kwf send the ip of the new active interface to hostname.dyndns.biz. Both in fail-over config and load-balance config.
so...to the active nodes (usually branch offices) i have only to specify hostname.dyndns in the remote endpoint hostname, it will ever be pointed over a valid and active Ip.

Now my question is.....wich is the best and reliable service in internet ? Dyndns or others??
Previous Topic: help on setting up kwf load balance
Next Topic: Kerio with 2 internets interface ... problems !!
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 22:41:00 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00456 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.