Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Open Directory Extensions Installer
  •  
imorris

Send a private message to this user
I've been told it's important to update the Open Directory Extensions when updating to 6.7. However, when running the 6.7 OD extensions installer on my OD master, I get the message "No update necessary - the files already exist" (or something to that effect). Am I going to have to do:

slapconfig stop
remove slapd.d
run the Installer
restart the ldap server to regenerate slapd.d

to get this to update correctly?

I sure hope this doesn't tank my ldap config.

Thanks for your help and input!
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

It depends on version of Mac OS X server. On Leopard, no files are in fact installed (copied). The installer is creating/modifying files during the installation process. So the message is fine.

Removing slapd.d directory will destroy all LDAP schema extensions therefore it would be used only when really necessary.
  •  
imorris

Thanks for the quick response! I am running Leopard, so perhaps the install was successful after all.

Can I do a diff on a particular file to verify that the upgrade occurred as intended?

And also, do I need to restart the ldap server to see the change, or does the installer handle this for me?

I appreciate your help.

[Updated on: Fri, 29 May 2009 19:27]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

You can check the file slapd.d/cn=config/cn=schema/cn={9}customSchema.ldif. The file should contain all kerio-Mail-* attributes.

Ldap server is restarted by the installer. No need to restart it manually.
  •  
imorris

Great, looks good. Thanks again.
Previous Topic: Can find any menu of KOC offline on Outlook 2K7
Next Topic: GAL , and switching domain Public Folder settings, questions.
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 06:57:04 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00390 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.