Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Purge old Archives? (How do I purge old Archives from Kerio MailServer?)
  •  
mdtcfox

Send a private message to this user
I'm running Kerio MailServer 6.6.2 build 7165 on Mac OS X Server.

I have Kerio set to enable mail archiving in the Archiving & Backup tab in Kerio Admin Console. It is set to compress old archives and create new archive folders monthly. It seems there is no way to tell Kerio when to purge old archive folders. Am I missing a setting somewhere? If it's not possible to automatically purge old archives with Kerio Admin proper, is it safe to just set up a new launchd job to periodically clean out the old compressed archive folders?
  •  
mrralan

I do it manually. Once a month I burn the archives to a DVD and then I delete them.
  •  
pantera10

Me too, but don't understand why it's not possible to do it automatically since it is possible with the backups. (I know that all sysadmins are lazy Smile )
Kerio can you please add this in your future release ?
Thanks in advance.

Kerio Connect 7.0.1 on Open Suse 11.1 64 bits
Outlook 2007 with KOFF. 100 users
  •  
sedell

Probably because most archives get... archived. They're generally not meant to be stored for a couple of months then deleted. Usually, archives get stored long term, so you don't want an auto-purge. If they need to be removed from the server, you can do that when you put the archive on a long term storage medium.

Scott
  •  
seali

We have a script that copied them to the backup server and to Jungle Disk. Once the copy is complete, it delete the archive. I believe this runs on the 2nd of each month. It basically uses Rsync.
Previous Topic: QUEUE filling up
Next Topic: Restore my deleted items folder
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 06:38:25 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00397 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.