Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » pls help with error messge: ClientStatisticsDb.cpp: ClientStatisticsDb::createDatabase() - SQLite er
  •  
playersons

Send a private message to this user
I have moved a 6.7 Server from one physical machine to a virtual (both Mac OS X 10.5.6, new one running in VMWare), everything according to the admin guide.

- kms on new server does not automatically start services
- after starting services manually no user can login via webmail (pages loads forever)
- telnet login also extremely slow, connection closes after getting message count
- this error is showing up in the error log:

ClientStatisticsDb.cpp: ClientStatisticsDb::createDatabase() - SQLite error: code 5, error SQLITE_BUSY[5]: database is locked

Can anybody please help, I don't have any more idea where to look at.

Thanks for any hints...
playersons

EDIT:
- I also see a lot of errors of this type in the warning.log:

Can not store user in GAL: name<_a.t_>domain (error=-4) - next try in 60 minutes

[Updated on: Wed, 03 June 2009 20:08]

•  
sedell

Just a guess based on the error message, but does the mail server have read/write access to the data store folder? Is the data store location in KMS correct?

Scott
  •  
playersons

yes, the mailstore is on an external firewire RAID, that is shared as a folder from VMWare. Inside the vm, the mailstore can be accessed and there is read/write access to the subdirectories.
I have changed permissions to everyone can read/write so that should not be the issue.

playersons
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Are both virtual and physical server the same platform (Intel) ??

Try to stop KMS and remove the cstats.db database file.
  •  
playersons

no, old server was Xserve G5, VMWare virtual machine now is, of course, Intel based.

I removed the file, but could not stop KMS in System Prefererences:

Kerio Mail Server Monitor
Cannot stop Kerio Mail Server.

the command line tells me this:

sh-3.2# ./mailserver stop
Kerio MailServer failed to start: Library kticonv_1.11.1.dylib could not be loaded

Any ideas?

[Updated on: Wed, 03 June 2009 21:04]

•  
playersons

after deletion of the file .cstats.db and a restart of the server system, error.log is still telling me:

ClientStatisticsDb.cpp: ClientStatisticsDb::createDatabase() - SQLite error: code 5, error SQLITE_BUSY[5]: database is locked
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

playersons wrote on Wed, 03 June 2009 20:57

no, old server was Xserve G5, VMWare virtual machine now is, of course, Intel based.

I removed the file, but could not stop KMS in System Prefererences:

Kerio Mail Server Monitor
Cannot stop Kerio Mail Server.

the command line tells me this:

sh-3.2# ./mailserver stop
Kerio MailServer failed to start: Library kticonv_1.11.1.dylib could not be loaded

Any ideas?

sudo /usr/local/kerio/mailserver/KerioMailServer stop
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

playersons wrote on Wed, 03 June 2009 21:22

after deletion of the file .cstats.db and a restart of the server system, error.log is still telling me:

KMS must be stopped when deleting the file.
Also, since it was a cross-platform migration (PPC->Intel) it is necessary to delete store/spamassassin directory as the Bayes database from PPC will not work on Intel.
  •  
playersons

Thank you for your valued support and effort. I have stopped KMS as told and deleted the file in question, as well as the store/spamassasin directory.

When trying to start KMS again, I get this error:

sh-3.2# ./KerioMailServer start
Starting Kerio MailServer
sh-3.2# Kerio MailServer failed to start: Cannot start remote admin server on port 44337: TCPIP not available or port already in use.

Kerio MailServer Monitor on the other hand is still telling me that KMS is running and cannot be stopped.

When I try

sh-3.2# ./mailserver start

I still get the error message:

What can I do about this one?
  •  
playersons

hmm, that seems interesting. I did a fresh install of KMS on the host system itself, without VMWare being involved and this one worked quite well with the old mailstore and config files.

Then I did a fresh install of KMS on a virgin VM and went through the setup assistant. After the configuration I once again could not stop KMS via Kerio MailServer Monitor and all the other command line errors occured again.

So this seems like some kind of incompatibility of KMS on VMWare, right?
  •  
bareare

Did you find a solution to this problem? I'm having it now with same error message after installing latest Kerio using Upgrade. The system is not wmware, it's Xen and everything is default settings with local storage (on same disk as OS/Linux Centos).
  •  
dmesser

Any resolution to this? I run into this problem a lot.
Previous Topic: Send/Receive to/from domain only
Next Topic: Kerio Connect or Exchange?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 15:19:17 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00543 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.